PDA

View Full Version : Maya 8.5 file in Maya 6.0

Ni3ls
20th November 2013, 12:21
Hi i want to import weapons from newer COD into COD2. I use Lime for Tom Crowley. But it convert the models to Maya 8.5 file. Is there a way to import it in Maya 6.0? I already set the version in the Maya ASCII file to 6.0. I get these errors when I import it into Maya 6.0

// Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 65: The lightLinker 't6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0:lightLinker1' has no '.slnk' attribute. //
// Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 65: No object matches name: .slnk //
// Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 70: The renderLayer 't6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0:defaultRenderLayer ' has no '.g' attribute. //
// Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 70: No object matches name: .g //
// Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 100: The lightLinker 'lightLinker1' has no 'slnk[0].sllk' attribute. //
// Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 100: The destination attribute 'lightLinker1.slnk[0].sllk' cannot be found. //
// Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 101: The lightLinker 'lightLinker1' has no 'slnk[0].solk' attribute. //
// Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 101: The destination attribute 'lightLinker1.slnk[0].solk' cannot be found. //
// Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 102: The lightLinker 'lightLinker1' has no 'slnk[1].sllk' attribute. //
// Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 102: The destination attribute 'lightLinker1.slnk[1].sllk' cannot be found. //
// Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 103: The lightLinker 'lightLinker1' has no 'slnk[1].solk' attribute. //
// Error: file: C:/Users/Niels/Desktop/COD/lime/exported/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view/t6_wpn_shotty_saiga_view_LOD_0.ma line 103: The destination attribute 'lightLinker1.slnk[1].solk' cannot be found. //

How to fix it and get it properly working in Maya 6.0? Or can I open it in Maya 8.5 and then save it as a Maya 6.0 file?

serthy
20th November 2013, 14:15
Save your file as *.ma open it in a text editor and replace the version from 8.5 to 6.0.
This works for models, but i guess it will fck up all the meshweights and/or the skeletton.

Ni3ls
20th November 2013, 15:53
I already set the version in the Maya ASCII file to 6.0.. I already did that.

Tom
27th November 2013, 00:18
I will check If I can make it work for Maya 6.0 by default for you.

If I can, it will included in the Ghost support update.

Ni3ls
27th November 2013, 10:52
That would be very cool. I already got all the weaponmodels+images from another website for now.

Tom
28th November 2013, 14:44
Is there anywhere I can get Maya 6, I use to have but lost it :( ?

Also just a question, why do you not use the xmodel_export files from Lime unless there is a reason you need to place it in maya ?

Tally
28th November 2013, 14:50
Is there anywhere I can get Maya 6, I use to have but lost it :( ?

Also just a question, why do you not use the xmodel_export files from Lime unless there is a reason you need to place it in maya ?

Sorry, but the rules of the forum prohibit us from giving you links to pirated copyright material.

Ni3ls
28th November 2013, 15:27
Those xmodel_export files differs when you export to COD2 with Maya. Too many bones when I tried it with Asset Manager

Tom
28th November 2013, 16:02
Sorry, but the rules of the forum prohibit us from giving you links to pirated copyright material.

I never asked for pirated copyright material. :)

Those xmodel_export files differs when you export to COD2 with Maya. Too many bones when I tried it with Asset Manager

Is cod2 bone limit below 127 ?

Tally
29th November 2013, 01:26
I never asked for pirated copyright material. :)

Is cod2 bone limit below 127 ?

of course you asked for links to pirated software. You did that when you asked if there was anywhere you could get Maya 6. DOH!

Tom
29th November 2013, 17:21
of course you asked for links to pirated software. You did that when you asked if there was anywhere you could get Maya 6. DOH!

No I asked "there anywhere I can get Maya 6" I never stated I wanted a illegal version, you just assumed. DOH!

kung foo man
29th November 2013, 18:04
I just noticed now that you are Tom-Bmx, welcome here! :D

There is unfortunately the 127 bones limit.

You can download Maya 6.0 PLE (Personal Learning Edition) from the Springer publisher, it's part of the book: Understanding 3D Animation Using Maya (http://www.springer.com/978-0-387-00176-0)

The .exe is in this folder: http://extras.springer.com/2005/978-0-387-00176-0/Maya6PLE

I think many people searched that already, I was lucky and found it. :)