PDA

View Full Version : Error while opening a CoD2 stock maya binary file

pollo
3rd November 2013, 23:12
Well, when I try to open the Josh_DefMesh.mb into Maya 6.0, it shows me the following error:

Warning: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.
Please check the Script Editor for details.

And in the Script Editor:

// Error: line 1: Unknown Maya file version: 6.0. //

What should it be? I am noob into moddeling, and I just read some Maya stock tutorials (the temple and the hammer ones), but I want to know how the pros did those models.

Is/Are there any solution for this error? Thanks in advance.

Pollo

vanfreddy
3rd November 2013, 23:30
hi try this one
http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/MCh2207Cz_Biped_Character_Tutorial;118348

pollo
4th November 2013, 16:37
@vanfreddy

Thank you for your answer, but I didnt mean that :)

When I try to open the cod2 stock maya binary files (.mb) or your maya ascii files (.ma) that you sent me, it tells me that error.

I dont know what it could be, I searched in other forums and didnt found the answer.

Hope your answers :) Thanks in advance again

serthy
4th November 2013, 19:24
If you skip it, does it do something to you model? If not, just ignore it... i think i got the same issue and just skipped it..

Tally
4th November 2013, 20:38
If you look at the error, it is probably expecting 6.0, but due to a typo is getting 6.0. <---- note the dot after the zero. So, as serthy says, just ignore it, it is probably a developer typographical error.

pollo
5th November 2013, 23:56
First of our, thank you very much for your answers. If I ignore it, the model doesn't show up. But I've been searching a bit more on google and I opened the cod2 josh_defmesh.mb file with notepad++ and realised that the file was made with maya 6.0.1, instead of 6.0, which I have (quote here):

---unreadable stuff---
Maya Unlimited 6.0
---unreadable stuff---
maya version 6.0.1

Should it be the problem?

Edit: Also, does Maya 6.5 works with this? If yes, I'm going to avoid those problems with the previous maya version and I will start with this :D

Still connected! Thank you for your answers :)

Tally
6th November 2013, 03:22
6.5 wont work. We've known that since 2005.

pollo
6th November 2013, 15:24
It seems that Alias won't distribute the 6.0.1 patch anymore... ¬¬

pollo
18th November 2013, 21:10
After the whole evening searching shit, I found that the problem is that Maya CG doesn't work with cod2 mb.

Downloaded the full version - no CG, no Beta -, and it worked (hooray! xd).

No replies to my other post, but ty anyway