PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 2 Compass Script

Loveboy
26th September 2013, 18:08
Hello Guys!
Somebody maybe know where I can find all the Compass stuffs?
I only know that the shaders are:

compassface
compassback
compasshighlight

I was looking for the words on much scripts, there I should find much about Compass, but I have found nothing.

Would be nice if you say me in which scripts I can find stuffs about the Compass.

Thanks! :)

RobsoN
26th September 2013, 19:15
I think you are looking for hud.menu in ui_mp folder.

Loveboy
26th September 2013, 19:19
I saw that already, but I want to find out of the script, how it will show Enemy's points on the compass (without shoting, just per script show without a break)

Tally
27th September 2013, 00:34
I saw that already, but I want to find out of the script, how it will show Enemy's points on the compass (without shoting, just per script show without a break)

The compass enemies firing - otherwise known as the "red ping dots" - is engine driven in COD2. There is no way to turn it off, other than to get the IWI file that shows the red dots, and turn it into a blank shader. Then when the enemy fires, there is only a transparent shader shown, and not the red dots.

The above method is the method bulletWorm worked out for dispensing with the "red ping dots" in his PowerServer mod for COD2, circa 2006.

FYI - in COD4 you can intercept the "red ping dots" with a dvar to turn them on or off. This is because in COD4 the "red ping dots" was moved to an ItemDef{} in the hud.menu, and as COD4 has the ability to make different arguments for an ownerDraw bitmask to show with its menu when() argument - something I would love COD2 to have but sadly is lacking - you can create a dvar and only show the itemDef if it is satisfied with the dvar being true.

serthy
27th September 2013, 07:23
you can 'fake' the compass overlay with a simple image without any ownerdraw and show/hide this menu witrh the original compass by a dvar
i dont know if this will work, but it would be my first try to show/hide the enemy red dots

Tally
27th September 2013, 09:02
you can 'fake' the compass overlay with a simple image without any ownerdraw and show/hide this menu witrh the original compass by a dvar
i dont know if this will work, but it would be my first try to show/hide the enemy red dots

Its not a menu item in COD2. That was the point I was making above.

Loveboy
27th September 2013, 17:11
It's 100% possible to create an UAV in CoD2. IzNoGoD has created it and I saw it on his server.
RobsoN gave me an idea, i will look for a Zombie Gametype, there was 100% Hunters to see in the Compass.

I will try to do an UAV, but I will not create it 100%. I will try it.

IzNoGoD
27th September 2013, 22:31
I set the red dots to point to an empty shader (as per Tally's suggestion, dunno if he suggested it at the time though), and replaced it all with the objectives. As there are only 16 objectives (team-based) possible, this is problematic (max 16 players, no DM support), and thus I used hud elements to fill their space a bit, but they tend to lagg a bit as they only update at 20 fps and have lagg because their position is calculated on the server, not on the client.