PDA

View Full Version : [DOWNLOAD][COD2] Quest system

randall
21st September 2013, 20:05
Hi,
I was bored in this afternoon and made a quest system for Spencer's new botzom. I decided i will publish it, so you can download below.

Short description:
Every player get a personal quest what he can accept or decline. If the quest is success the player could get rewards, e.g. money, score, killstreak, etc... (i didn't make this part, i don't know what variables are in your mod :))

The mod requires a basic modding knowledge, but it very simple to use.

Open readme.txt file in the .iwd for the user's guide (how to install, usage, ...)

kung foo man
22nd September 2013, 00:15
Sounds good, is it online for testing on any server? :)

IzNoGoD
22nd September 2013, 01:11
Quite nicely scripted.

You could make it more advanced by using function pointers, like mission.funct = ::mission1; and player [[mission.funct]]();, then waiting for funct to finish, that way you could do "make 5 headshots shooting 10 bullets max" etc.

randall
22nd September 2013, 11:16
Sounds good, is it online for testing on any server? :)

Not yet, Spencer's botzom is in closed beta, maybe you can check it on 1. Oktober (94.199.178.244:29019). But i'm afraid he is too young to use perfectly the system :D

Quite nicely scripted.

You could make it more advanced by using function pointers, like mission.funct = ::mission1; and player [[mission.funct]]();, then waiting for funct to finish, that way you could do "make 5 headshots shooting 10 bullets max" etc.

Maybe in the future, i have many ideas but few time. Exams are coming :(