PDA

View Full Version : Wifi on mobile phone

Ni3ls
19th September 2013, 19:12
Hi all,
I have a problem with my girlfriend's WIFI. My phone, HTC wildfire, can't connect. But my gf's phone can connect. My laptop is also able to connect, im connected now. How to fix this? The network is seen in the list, but it keeps connecting and scanning.

YuriJurek
19th September 2013, 20:29
Well, I had HTC Wildfire before, but it was alright with WiFi so I don't really know where is the problem.
You may try to update your HTC Sense etc.

Sense
19th September 2013, 21:19
Did you try Google?

Is is just at home that it doesnt work or is it everywhere?

Try going to the store where you bought it and explain it to their employees. They may be able to get it repaired, if it is broken.

Ni3ls
20th September 2013, 08:26
Other connections works. I can connect anywhere, except at her home. I have the latest updates on my phone. I already tried GOogle, but nobody had an answer :(

Sense
20th September 2013, 09:58
Well it sounds odd, might be something with the configs on either router or phone. My best guess is to restart the phone and restart the router ( keep the router off for around 3 minutes). If the problem still persists then factory reset your phone.

If none of this works you should return to where you bought it, and try to get it repaired or atleast explain your problem to their employees.

PatmanSan
20th September 2013, 15:30
If you can't see the AP, check the channel on which the router is broadcasting. If you need to change channels, stick to one of the non-overlapping channels 1, 6 or 11.
If you can see the AP, but you are unable to connect, check the WPA encryption scheme on the router (AES, TKIP or AES+TKIP). It might be that your phone does not support the configured scheme.