PDA

View Full Version : Masterserver is again offline

Loveboy
8th September 2013, 00:31
Hello Guys, now i am thinking, Masterserver want to kidding us, this is the second time, that Masterserver is offline.

I want now answers, why this happens again, and the GUID's changed again or not.

I will looking again why this happened again. I will post soon Activision's answers.

kung foo man
8th September 2013, 01:01
Yea, it's annoying as hell for bigger server admins. Changing guid for every single person for ranks / vip / admins etc.

Loveboy
8th September 2013, 01:11
I am sure, that we get new GUID's again, and we have to wait 1 Week till it's fixed.

But why that happens again, I am very angry about that... :mad:

Now the big server admin's have got fun to give the Ranks, vip ... back (partly me too), how kung it said.

RobsoN
8th September 2013, 11:21
I'm going to put register system while new player connected to server. Then, if CoD will lose guid DB, it's easy to log in by account system.

Loveboy
8th September 2013, 18:19
I have get a Answer

Me:

Hello Activision!
I want to ask about the Masterserver of the game Call of Duty 2.
This is the second time, that the Masterserver get down.
I want to get reasons, why that happens again.
Will be the GUID's changed, if the Masterserver come back?
If the Masterserver is get up again, please look up that the Masterserver won't get down again.

Activision:

Thank you for contacting us and as well for your patience as this matter is looked into by the proper teams. At this time, there are no updates to share, nor ETA; rest assured, we will update the community as soon as we can! To help us investigate, please feel free to let us know where you're contacting us from. Many thanks ^SG

Tally
8th September 2013, 20:16
Why do we need a thread every time the Master Server is down? Does it help making this thread? No. So, an exercise in complete futility.

Sense
9th September 2013, 16:58
Why do we need a thread every time the Master Server is down? Does it help making this thread? No. So, an exercise in complete futility.

There is nothing bad in starting a thread about this? even though there was one before. It just keeps the forum alive.

This is the main section, everything can be posted here. And it doesnt have to help anyone.

I think loveboy created this thread becouse he wrote to activision and was expecting a more informative response, that he would like to share.

EvoloZz
9th September 2013, 19:31
Why are you Tally so negative about everything always? I have never seen you post any positive stuff here on the forums except helping some other pro modders... -_-

kung foo man
9th September 2013, 22:37
Server seems online! :)

YuriJurek
10th September 2013, 01:11
Well, my guid is fine still the same, hope it will be running ok now, if something happens between 7am and 3pm please let me know in this thread...

Loveboy
10th September 2013, 16:05
Hello again! I am happy that the GUID's didn't changed and the Masterserver is back! Now I have bad news.

I have thanked Activision that Masterserver is back!

So, I have get an Answer from Activision:

Hello Rasched, thanks for the kind words! These things do happen from time to time, and we appreciate your understanding. Have fun! ^NM

Seems like it will happen more times.

Loveboy
26th September 2013, 20:26
Masterserver is again offline since 26.09.13 21:00.
As I only restarted my Server, I saw at this point was Masterserver offline... LOL!

kung foo man
26th September 2013, 21:27
They really want to make the last ppl in CoD2 desperate ^^

Tally
27th September 2013, 00:39
Well, the Master Server is working for me and showing all servers like it is supposed to. Are you sure you don't have a router problem stopping the browser being populated?

IzNoGoD
27th September 2013, 02:42
Nope, it was offline for a few hours, but is back now.

Mitch
27th September 2013, 12:19
Nope, it was offline for a few hours, but is back now.

Maybe kung can make a stats page that shows if the master server is online and since when. (And counter that shows how often the master server is down)

Well, the Master Server is working for me and showing all servers like it is supposed to. Are you sure you don't have a router problem stopping the browser being populated?

It would also show if you have a problem with the master server or not.

STAUFFi
30th September 2013, 17:22
Maybe kung can make a stats page that shows if the master server is online and since when. (And counter that shows how often the master server is down)

<?php
$text="Masterserver offline";
$ziel="63.146.124.40";

$abfrage = fsockopen ("$ziel", 20700, $errno, $errstr, 5);
if (!$abfrage) {
echo $text;
}
else {

echo "Masterserver online!";
}
?> ??

RobsoN
15th October 2013, 16:41
WTF its offline AGAIN?

//Sorry, they fixed it already.

Ni3ls
15th October 2013, 16:53
no? .

Leal
15th December 2013, 10:10
Hello,

we have again the same situation. Is there any official notificacion from Activision concerning about this constant Master Server issues?

Kind regards,
Leal

Tally
15th December 2013, 10:17
Hello,

we have again the same situation. Is there any official notificacion from Activision concerning about this constant Master Server issues?

Kind regards,
Leal

Why do we have to have threads every time the Master server is offline? This is not an official Activision board, so no one with any insider knowledge can answer. So, what's the bloody point? Just a waste of database resources.

You'll know when it's back up because you will be able to connect to it again.

Leal
15th December 2013, 11:21
Alright, as you want to close it, I also agree so you don't get more angry and we are the only ones who posted, why don't you just delete the thread?

kung foo man
15th December 2013, 13:53
It's perfectly fine to speak about new (problematic) events, that's what a community is about...

(Just moved this thread to the old Masterserver thread)

Mitch
15th December 2013, 14:06
The cod2 master server is online again for me.

kung foo man
22nd December 2013, 06:25
And down again :(

YuriJurek
22nd December 2013, 08:52
Yeah... well, seems like it's time to move on.

kung foo man
22nd December 2013, 09:22
The old CoD's are so coined in my brain, I can't move on :D

Some day we need to release a patched version with lua scripting, which can be easily modded and updated (to patch masterservers etc. at runtime).

Mitch
25th December 2013, 23:40
It seems the master server is having trouble again. The master server is online. But the port 20700 is unreachable according to wireshark.

kung foo man
26th December 2013, 15:46
Hey Loveboy, could you write Activision again on Facebook? :D

YuriJurek
26th December 2013, 16:29
It's off for quite some time now, anybody knows whats going on?

Loveboy
26th December 2013, 17:58
I wrote again to Activision and I am waiting for answers.

Hello Activision!
On this week was the Masterserver of Call of Duty 2 offline. Sometimes the Masterserver was for hours offline, sometimes for days. The Masterserver is currently offline and we are waiting for Masterserver. We all want that the Masterserver get online and it shouldn't get offline again. I hope you can fix the issues.

EvoloZz
26th December 2013, 20:51
At least a guy from ZK asked them and the answer was that the server wont come back...

Loveboy
26th December 2013, 23:06
R.I.P Call of Duty 2 :(

serthy
27th December 2013, 02:03
http://de.xfire.com/communities/zomknight/news/5847989/?offset=11

Seems the only way (if the masterservers stay down) is to kindly spam them with masterserver requests... I'll start this right now

RobsoN
27th December 2013, 02:14
What the .. ? How is it possible? -_-

kung foo man
27th December 2013, 02:19
The servers are no longer active and was removed when the players went below the required amount who are playing the game.

Well, Call of Duty 1 got way less players and is still online. ^^

IzNoGoD
27th December 2013, 02:36
http://de.xfire.com/communities/zomknight/news/5847989/?offset=11

Seems the only way (if the masterservers stay down) is to kindly spam them with masterserver requests... I'll start this right now

Seems like those customer support guys got their head up their arses and are talking about IW-hosted cod2 servers, not the masterserver.

They probably dont even know such a server exists...

Loveboy
27th December 2013, 02:37
We all paid for this game to play it, but it seems that Activision don't really care that Masterserver is offline. If one of the new game the Servers were offline, then they would fix it instantly. It doesn't help to spam them, we need to all write that they should fix it instantly! So not spam, just we all (over 100 guys) write to them.

serthy
27th December 2013, 03:09
Mark C: Activision Support reporting for duty!
You: Good morning
Mark C: Hi! Good morning to you! Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support. My name is Mark. How may I help you today?
You: Actually I don't have problems with Ghosts, more with CoD2, but i wasnt able to find the matching site to get any help on this.
You: IIts about the online masterserver, which seems to be down more often and this time it stays down right now as well
You: Is there any information for the thousands of actively playing CoD2 usere
You: *users
Mark C: I understand. Not to worry, let me help you with your concern. Can I place you on hold for three to five minutes? I will be checking first for my resources for me to properly inform you and address your concern. Would that be okay?
You: That sounds okay to me, thank you
Mark C: You're most welcome. Please hold.
Mark C: Thank you for patiently waiting.
Mark C: Just to check, may I know your gaming console and your gamer ID?
You: Hardware: PC/Windows Alias: Serthy
Mark C: Thank you very much for that information. May I know if you have already updated your CoD2 game patches from Punkbuster?
You: Im running the latest CoD2 PB updates until the time CoD2's PB was supported. The point is, without continious running and online masterservers there is no GUID on the servers, the ingame serverlist wont show up and many other sideeffects occour, so in conclusion playing CoD2 online becomes almost impossible
Mark C: I understand you. I'm a gamer myself and I know how you feel right now. Not to worry, I will provide you and update and inform you more with your issue with the master server. Would that be okay?
You: I really would appreciate that, in which way we can stay in contact?
Mark C: Okay. Actually, we've notified the proper teams to this issue and are currently working to remedy the situation as soon as possible. As an avid gamer myself, I understand that this is a frustrating time for players in the community. At this time, no updates have been received on the status, and we thank you for your continued patience as we work on this matter. Not to worry, we're working hard in investigating upon this matter and we will provide you notifications through e-mail once we have the updates for the master server. All developments will be announced as soon as we get the word.
You: Okay, this sounds good to me. Do you already got my mail-adress? If its not the case, you can contact me under serthy@ymail.com I am looking forward to read some good news
Mark C: Yes. Not to worry, you will receive notifications from the e-mail that you're currently using for your Activision and your current e-mail address. I'm also looking forward to that and I hope that there will be positive news for the server updates.
Mark C: Not to worry, you may contact us back if you have more concerns with Activision and other Call of Duty titles and we'd be glad to help you out.
You: Thank you for your help, i really apprecciated it. One last thing: is there an official support-mail from activision? And also, since this is not the first time there were troubles with the masterserver, is there a way to have a direct supporter who can be informed/asked about this problematic to improve the troubleshoot?
Mark C: You're most welcome and I'm glad to be of help to you. Since CoD2 was developed by Infinity Ward, you may directly contact them through e-mail by reaching them out at info@infinityward.com. You can also reach us by contacting our support site and from here, we utilize e-mail support. You can also reach us at support@activision.com.
You: Alright, I will have a use of them. Again many thanks to you and have a nice day!

Well, its too late for me right now to mess with this kind of things..

thOuMta
27th December 2013, 09:35
It's back today.

Puhve
27th December 2013, 11:35
I wouldn't be surprised if activision closed the masterserver. Activision has kept old CoD's online for pretty long time compared to some other games (especially console games). Keeping games online costs to developers/publishers and that's why Sony example will close gt5, mag and another game's servers next year :(

MeGaBooM
27th December 2013, 13:14
I wouldn't be surprised if activision closed the masterserver. Activision has kept old CoD's online for pretty long time compared to some other games (especially console games). Keeping games online costs to developers/publishers and that's why Sony example will close gt5, mag and another game's servers next year :(

lol they wont close gta5 servers next year, it just came out in september.

Mitch
27th December 2013, 13:31
lol they wont close gta5 servers next year, it just came out in september.

GT5 stands for Gran Turismo 5. It is a game from 2010. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_5)

Maybe it is time to make our own master server. But they don't like that...

YuriJurek
27th December 2013, 14:03
Yeah and the guids are back again, next time we'll just have to contact directly the team responsible for this issue "info@infinityward.com".

PS. Not that I expect it to go down again -.-

Puhve
27th December 2013, 15:24
Here's the link what sony will shut down. http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/games/detail/item97821/Support-for-online-game-features/

Activision doesn't have problems with money like Sony have so they can keep old CoD's servers online. But I'm actually surprised that activision kept these master servers online for so long even they are really creedy for money.

Tally
27th December 2013, 16:49
Yeah and the guids are back again, next time we'll just have to contact directly the team responsible for this issue "info@infinityward.com".

PS. Not that I expect it to go down again -.-

Infinity Ward is in no way responsible for any of the COD Master Servers. That is down to Activision, the publisher. So, if you want to contact "the team directly responsible" for it, contact Activision.

YuriJurek
27th December 2013, 17:14
Right, I mean making CoD2 was their piece of cake, but they are not responsible for the loss of masterserver.

MeGaBooM
28th December 2013, 00:53
GT5 stands for Gran Turismo 5. It is a game from 2010. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_5)

Maybe it is time to make our own master server. But they don't like that...

shit my bad

Loveboy
29th December 2013, 13:38
And now is the Masterserver again offline... CoD2 will really die soon if the Masterserver goes everytime offline...

RobsoN
29th December 2013, 16:52
It's returning bad client GUID what f***ed up all client permissions and data. It'll be really annoying if they wont fix this finally.

EvoloZz
29th December 2013, 17:23
http://classic.xfire.com/communities/zomknight/news/5910447/

Hello Michel-

Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support.

Hey.
I wanted to apologize for some incorrect information that you were given about the COD 2 servers.
They are still up and running.
However, at this time there appears to be an issue with the key validation, and this is something that is currently being worked on. We are working hard to restore this service and want to thank you for being a loyal COD 2 player.

If anything changes I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks!

Loveboy
29th December 2013, 20:25
They say this everytime since the Masterserver was offline for the first time. Their answer will never change...

Loveboy
4th January 2014, 23:41
I think we can forget it that the Masterserver will work forever. I use on my next update a login system, so then I have got no problems. If someone logs in, he get his stats.

Ni3ls
6th January 2014, 13:46
I think this will be the end of COD2 Master Server. Did anybody tried to contact them and get a decent answer?

Loveboy
6th January 2014, 20:52
The Masterserver is online again now, but I think it won't be online for 1 day.

The Masterserver was for 7 hours online, now it's again offline (11 PM)

RobsoN
6th January 2014, 22:14
It's down again

Ni3ls
7th January 2014, 11:37
it's on ;)