PDA

View Full Version : What are ya workin' on right naow?

kung foo man
26th August 2013, 11:23
Please describe what you are working on at the moment :)

Gonna start:

Integrating the ID Tech 4 engine (Doom 3 etc.) in Java

IzNoGoD
26th August 2013, 13:53
auto-creation of single-map iwds.
Requires:
- reading d3dbsp files
- reading material files
- reading soundalias files
- reading xmodel files
This all gives me a nice list of files required for a certian map. Python script does above (and more), and puts all required maps in a single folder.

Batch script then packs every folder into a separate iwd using 7zip commandline

Server then auto-links the required iwd for the current map, preventing overflows. Currently @ 200 iwds on my serv and counting.

Ni3ls
26th August 2013, 14:11
auto-creation of single-map iwds.
Requires:
- reading d3dbsp files
- reading material files
- reading soundalias files
- reading xmodel files
This all gives me a nice list of files required for a certian map. Python script does above (and more), and puts all required maps in a single folder.

Batch script then packs every folder into a separate iwd using 7zip commandline

Server then auto-links the required iwd for the current map, preventing overflows. Currently @ 200 iwds on my serv and counting.

You mean it automatically unpacks a mappack and put them in different iwd's?

serthy
26th August 2013, 15:50
learning/improving C/C++ by developing my own 3D game engine (physics, graphics, audio, script-parser etc)
its not intended to release a game, just for the sake of a direct feedback of what im doing

STAUFFi
26th August 2013, 15:51
killtube portal mod with timerecords for a homepage ( via php )

IzNoGoD
26th August 2013, 20:29
It does not unpack the .iwds yet, i can do that in 2 clicks using some addition to winrar :)

Rest is true :)

kung foo man
27th August 2013, 21:16
learning/improving C/C++ by developing my own 3D game engine (physics, graphics, audio, script-parser etc)

Please make that engine reading CoD2 .bsp-files ;D

The physics-engine can then be integrated into libcod for physics in CoD2 (moveTo() each 0.05, so I guess that won't even lag since it's just serverside)

IzNoGoD
28th August 2013, 01:16
Interesting read for you then: http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php/Call_of_Duty_2:_d3dbsp