PDA

View Full Version : Translator

iCore
20th August 2013, 11:35
Hey!

I have already posted about it on braxi.org, but I'm also interested, what do you think about it.
Currently I'm making a tool, which is planned to help the modders in the translations for multi-language mods.
Here (after registration and login) you can add a project, and add strings and languages for that. After this, your translators can translate your lines in a much more comfortable way, than working in a text file. In addition it's much clearer too, you can't forget to make a translator to translate something new string for sure, because you can see how many strings are left untranslated in a specific language. You can certainly query all the strings when you want, in the way you define. Currently the link is here (http://translate.sharpkode.com/projects), but if you like it and maybe want to use it, then I'll try to get a domain for it.

If you have any ideas, problems or questions, please tell me. Thanks!

Ni3ls
20th August 2013, 11:46
I dont understand what you are saying. You made a program that will translate the Localized Strings to any language you want?

iCore
20th August 2013, 11:56
No, it's a webpage, on which if you upload the strings of your mod, translators will be able to translate it. And it is probably much easier then sending files to all of em, and if you add 1 new string to the mod, then you don't have to send them one-by-one. At least, it helped me a lot, I'm using it with the APB mod. Here is an example:

Translators just write the translated strings in the fields, they save it, and that's all.

kung foo man
20th August 2013, 12:21
Hard to find the link :D http://translate.sharpkode.com/projects

It's a nice idea, I would use it. XML-export would be nice, for ppl who need to generate the .menu/.str-files then.

iCore
20th August 2013, 12:23
Thanks *.*
Well, you can define the format of the exported strings, so basically you can build up an XML or any structure you want ^^