PDA

View Full Version : Weird CoD2 server run problem

RobsoN
12th August 2013, 19:07
Hello everyone,

I got very werid problem. I can't run my cod2 home server. However, it runs but for 6-8 click.
When I click on my .bat serverRun script, then i got an error with "CoD2 has stopped working".
I checked if server runs without my mod, and it does. I got only that error when I'm running my mod.
Probably i did somewhere mistake, beaucose I'm rewriting my all scripts and gametypes.
Someone know what is going on? Maybe some bad image in precache throw this error?

Here is video with my problem: http://youtu.be/yCYacaqcKRY
(please watch full video)

Regards,
RobsoN.

Tally
12th August 2013, 19:15
Hello everyone,

I got very werid problem. I can't run my cod2 home server. However, it runs but for 6-8 click.
When I click on my .bat serverRun script, then i got an error with "CoD2 has stopped working".
I checked if server runs without my mod, and it does. I got only that error when I'm running my mod.
Probably i did somewhere mistake, beaucose I'm rewriting my all scripts and gametypes.
Someone know what is going on? Maybe some bad image in precache throw this error?

Here is video with my problem: http://youtu.be/yCYacaqcKRY

Regards,
RobsoN.

I had a problem similar to this with version 1.0 - the server kept crapping out and it took 6 or more attempts to get it running. I worked out that it must have been a gamestate problem, because the same mod runs first time under 1.2/1.3. My suggestion is, try and lighten the mod, see if it is a gamestate problem (i.e right on the edge of being too much gamestate used, but not enough to stop the server ever running completely).

RobsoN
12th August 2013, 19:22
Thanks Tally for reply. I tought aslo its gamestate but It's low:

SV_SendClientGameState() for RobsoN
Going from CS_CONNECTED to CS_PRIMED for RobsoN
Sending 10425 bytes in gamestate to client: 0

I can't connect to server with 16k + gamestate, so 10k is low.

Tally
12th August 2013, 20:23
It might be either a bad weapon file, or a bad image file. Those are the other 2 causes of this phenomenon I have found. There is no easy way to hunt for these - it's literally trial and error. Take them all out and start adding them 1 at a time until you hit the bad one.

kung foo man
12th August 2013, 22:14
In video at 0:04 you got some unlocalized string warning "Registered event: onPlayerSpawned" and right after that the server crashed. What happens when you comment out your events?

RobsoN
13th August 2013, 19:29
Ive deleted my sound alias .csv file and everyhing is working well.
Thanks everyone for help!