PDA

View Full Version : Killtube user that steals scripts

Earliboy
6th August 2013, 17:48
Hi guys,
i wanna notice you about Loveboy.
He made an mod and tells everyone that he made it completly by himself.
He just came some days ago and asked me about an error in MY script. It was an freaking simple error so if he´s really that "pro modder" why can't he fix it by himself?

So just be careful with helping him and giving him sources.

Greetings
Earli

STAUFFi
6th August 2013, 23:31
Unfortunately true but why do you post it then still in the forum?
I think it's frankly ridiculous.

RobsoN
8th August 2013, 14:36
Hello, I wanted to notice about 'malyczolg' aslo.
He stolen my old killstreak menu, changed colours, and credits from "Menu by RobsoN" to "Menu by Czolg".

Same what Eairboy said. I won't help him anymore.

Regards,
RobsoN.

Tally
8th August 2013, 19:08
This problem - other people ripping off our work and then claiming it as their own - has been around since modding began, and it happens in every modding community there is. I've been modding Call of Duty since the very first game, back in 2003, and the problem slowly but surely crept into COD modding as well, and has gotten very bad over the years. There is really no answer to it other than to never release your work, never post anything of yours on a forum, and keep all scripts server side. However, there is one solution which I have over the years found to be the most effective - give your stuff away before they can steal it and don't worry about anyone calling your work theirs. If you gift it, they can't steal it can they, because you've already given it to them. If they want to call your work "theirs", just look at it as a compliment. After all, they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Sense
13th August 2013, 10:48
Unfortunately true but why do you post it then still in the forum?
I think it's frankly ridiculous.

point out to me why it's ridiculous?

And he is posting it on this forum to alert the other members of THIS community, that Loveboy claimed Earliboys scripts were made by him.

STAUFFi
13th August 2013, 12:49
point out to me why it's ridiculous?

And he is posting it on this forum to alert the other members of THIS community, that Loveboy claimed Earliboys scripts were made by him.
Dear Sense

If it is not you noticed.
Almost all zombie server as an example the same features and almost certainly also the same script.
And everyone has to start somewhere!
Is not the most beautiful Art
It will avail him nothing anyway because he has not learned it then. ^^

Sense
15th August 2013, 06:54
Dear Sense

If it is not you noticed.
Almost all zombie server as an example the same features and almost certainly also the same script.
And everyone has to start somewhere!
Is not the most beautiful Art
It will avail him nothing anyway because he has not learned it then. ^^

Still doesnt explain.

Loveboy
15th August 2013, 14:40
Hello all! The Server "Modern Weapons CoD2" has got a Mod, which i made not complete.
The mod include Weapons, by other users and i built these weapons in my server, because they looks cool.
The Rank system is by my hoster TeufeL.
I tried to make easy things and add there too everytime, but i getting everytime problems, so you must know i am not pro modder. (Look at post and how many times i asked).

I had get many helps and i am thanking to all users. I had not time for create a credit who made what.
At next update i will create a read-me.txt so that you can open it and read who made what.

Edit: Why you publish your scripts then in Killtube? I had tought that here we can take scripts and you accept it, because you published it. Next time post not your scripts, and i dont know how much guys this script have it.

Tally
15th August 2013, 15:06
Hello all! The Server "Modern Weapons CoD2" has got a Mod, which i made not complete.
The mod include Weapons, by other users and i built these weapons in my server, because they looks cool.
The Rank system is by my hoster TeufeL.
I tried to make easy things and add there too everytime, but i getting everytime problems, so you must know i am not pro modder. (Look at post and how many times i asked).

I had get many helps and i am thanking to all users. I had not time for create a credit who made what.
At next update i will create a read-me.txt so that you can open it and read who made what.

Edit: Why you publish your scripts then in Killtube? I had tought that here we can take scripts and you accept it, because you published it. Next time post not your scripts, and i dont know how much guys this script have it.

You can take scripts published here, but make sure you put a credit in the readme.txt file. That's all we ask. It isn't very much to do.

Loveboy
15th August 2013, 15:17
I'm sorry, that i had didn't put a read-me.txt file.

But this will put soon in my next Update:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Serverinfo Modern Weapons CoD2
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Server by Loveboy

Hoster:

TeufeL

Weapons by:

oma.spencer

vanfreddy

AC130 by:

iBuddie(at)

Rank System by:

TeufeL

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Class System by:

RobsoN

Killstreak System from Killtube ( Jeplaa )

Automatic renamer by earliboy

Built by: Loveboy

Thanks to Randall and RobsoN for helping!

Edit: And sorry if i have forget somebody, please say it to me!