PDA

View Full Version : How to open cod videos?

Loveboy
18th July 2013, 13:18
Hey Guys, i am pro in cod2 xD Today i made a 360° + quickscope from over the map (100000km) , i didn't recorded it, so i must record all my game what i do xD With xfire recording it laggs and takes much mb, so i do /record. but if i have it, then i get a .DM_1 file, idk how to open it.

Can somebody help me?

Tally
18th July 2013, 14:07
Open COD2 to the main menu. Drop down console and type:

/demo name_of_demo_file

You don't have to put the file extension. Just the name of the demo file.

The demo file must be either in the "main" folder, in a folder named "demo"; or in your fs_game (mod) folder, in a folder named "demo".

Loveboy
18th July 2013, 14:44
must be not named in "demos" and not "demo"? And i write (/demo name.dm_1) it must be with the filetype end or not?

EDIT: Already fixed, if its a mod with you played, then you have to need your mod in your main. Then /demo name and it will open your video

Tally
19th July 2013, 08:22
must be not named in "demos" and not "demo"? And i write (/demo name.dm_1) it must be with the filetype end or not?

EDIT: Already fixed, if its a mod with you played, then you have to need your mod in your main. Then /demo name and it will open your video

You do NOT have to have your mod in the "main" folder (you should NEVER do this. It is totally noob not to have your mod in it's own fs_game folder). You simply have to switch to your mod's main menu before you run your demo:

1. start up your mod;
2. Quit to the main menu once the first map has loaded;
3. From the mod's main menu, drop down console and type: /demo <demoname>
4. Your demo will start.