PDA

View Full Version : How edit script turret?

Moczulak
17th July 2013, 22:04
Hey ,how edit script 30cal and mg42?
It is a turret that are on the map...

IzNoGoD
17th July 2013, 22:13
Without proper english this question can never be answered.

Moczulak
17th July 2013, 22:29
I would like to edit the code to arms MG42, it's about a weapon that is on the map as a turret.

Tally
18th July 2013, 03:38
All turret animations are engine driven. There is almost no way you can edit them. They are not like other weapon animations, because they don't use xanims.

Peterlankton
18th July 2013, 10:19
idleAnim\proneMG42gun_aim_forward_medium\fireAnim\ proneMG42gun_fire_forward_medium

That's from the mg42_bipod_prone_mp weaponfile. So they have indeed weapon animations.

"mg42_bipod_stand_mp"
"mg42_bipod_duck_mp"
"mg42_bipod_prone_mp"
"30cal_prone_mp"
"30cal_stand_mp"
That's the name of all turrets that occur in CoD2. You can create your own animations and then simply edit the weaponfile and done.
I hope I'm not mistaken, Tally.

EDIT: I'm still not really sure if the animations are what he's looking for. I mean, he talked about 'code'..

Moczulak
18th July 2013, 10:59
Yes, I am looking for a code of these turrets ;(

Tally
18th July 2013, 13:05
idleAnim\proneMG42gun_aim_forward_medium\fireAnim\ proneMG42gun_fire_forward_medium

That's from the mg42_bipod_prone_mp weaponfile. So they have indeed weapon animations.

"mg42_bipod_stand_mp"
"mg42_bipod_duck_mp"
"mg42_bipod_prone_mp"
"30cal_prone_mp"
"30cal_stand_mp"
That's the name of all turrets that occur in CoD2. You can create your own animations and then simply edit the weaponfile and done.
I hope I'm not mistaken, Tally.

EDIT: I'm still not really sure if the animations are what he's looking for. I mean, he talked about 'code'..

Why do people on this forum never read what someone says? Did I say the turrets don't have animations? No. I didn't. I said they don't use xanims for the first person animations. I said the first person turret animations are created by the engine.

All animations driven by .SCRIPT and .ATR files (eg proneMG42gun_fire_forward_medium) are WORLD/THIRD PERSON animations. The FIRST PERSON animations you see when you hold a turret are created by the game engine. They are extrapolations of certain elements from both first person and third person. There are no files to edit for this. You cannot change them, other than some small token angle settings they are set in stone.

I did a tutorial on editing/changing/creating custom 3rd person/world animations here:

http://killtube.org/showthread.php?1359-tutorial-MP-World-Animations-%28COD4%29

Tally
18th July 2013, 13:12
Yes, I am looking for a code of these turrets ;(

What exactly is it you are trying to do with the turrets? What would you do to the code if you found it? What would you change?

Peterlankton
18th July 2013, 15:13
Why do people on this forum never read what someone says? Did I say the turrets don't have animations? No. I didn't. I said they don't use xanims for the first person animations. I said the first person turret animations are created by the engine.

pronemg42gun_fire_forward_medium is an .xanim file and for usual what's behind "idleAnim/" in the weaponfile is the name of the xanim file for first person idle animation. Looks like the turrets handle it differently, my bad.