Hi Guys, i have one material name which must be connected to 2 images:

Material must be name: mtl_cobra_window_mp
_-gcobra_window_clr_mp (.dds) <- Textured with colours
cobra_window_nml (.gdt) <- Textured only with grey / white

and...

Materal must be name: mtl_cobra_mp_dark
_-gt5_veh_helo_cobra_mp_dark_color (.dds) <- Textured with colours
t5_veh_helo_cobra_mp_dark_n (.gdt) <- Textured only with grey / white

So the two materials have 2 images, how i can make settings for 2 images?
Please make a photo or write information which settings on Asset manager i must make.

Thank you! :)

Ni3ls
4th July 2013, 15:30
Just do it as 1 image in Asset manager. But then 2 times, with different image names

Loveboy
4th July 2013, 15:47
No i cant. It must be for a weapon.

Ni3ls
4th July 2013, 16:00
I did it too... So it works

Loveboy
4th July 2013, 16:29
Ni3ls you know something about Tom's xmodel exporter? Because i need the model's GDT so you know how to get it?

Tally
4th July 2013, 16:52
Hi Guys, i have one material name which must be connected to 2 images:

Material must be name: mtl_cobra_window_mp
_-gcobra_window_clr_mp (.dds) <- Textured with colours
cobra_window_nml (.gdt) <- Textured only with grey / white

and...

Materal must be name: mtl_cobra_mp_dark
_-gt5_veh_helo_cobra_mp_dark_color (.dds) <- Textured with colours
t5_veh_helo_cobra_mp_dark_n (.gdt) <- Textured only with grey / white

So the two materials have 2 images, how i can make settings for 2 images?
Please make a photo or write information which settings on Asset manager i must make.

Thank you! :)

Textures which end in _nml or _n are normal maps, and go in the normal map section of the materials file:

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4908/ca1g.png

Loveboy
5th July 2013, 06:39
Thank you, that said me Mitch already too :) But i have now images and it have a material name, but idk with which image it's connected, last model with a helicopter, there was everytime modelname_window (material) and there was a image name modelname_window_nrm.dds , so i did knew that this image is connected to this material.

But now there are material names which i don't know with what it's connected.

So in the xmodel converter there i can get from the game that model the GDT, then i can open the GDT on Asset Manager and look what is for what, so i need help,
if someone knows how to get the GDT then please show me.

Thank you!!!

Tally
5th July 2013, 07:54
Thank you, that said me Mitch already too :) But i have now images and it have a material name, but idk with which image it's connected, last model with a helicopter, there was everytime modelname_window (material) and there was a image name modelname_window_nrm.dds , so i did knew that this image is connected to this material.

But now there are material names which i don't know with what it's connected.

So in the xmodel converter there i can get from the game that model the GDT, then i can open the GDT on Asset Manager and look what is for what, so i need help,
if someone knows how to get the GDT then please show me.

Thank you!!!

I don't really know what you are saying because your english is so poor (no insult intended), but a .GDT file is just a template - a way of saving data for later use. It is not actually used in a running game. It is not a image file, and it is not a model file. So, don't worry about .GDT files. They aren't important.

If you want to know what image files go with what materials file, look at the originals - if they come from World at War, get the original materials file from World at War, and open it with a Hex editor and see what image names are being used in it. Then, duplicate it with your COD2 materials file.

Loveboy
5th July 2013, 10:31
Look at the program, this is if i have black ops and i find the models.
I can get the GDT (files for material, i can open it with asset manager), .dds files and .gdt i get, i must convert it myself to .iwi .
But i can't get the GDT of model, so someone can help me?

EDIT: I have looked more and found a file, i must open it with a textdocument and then i have found what is for what.

Thank you for all guys who helped me!