PDA

View Full Version : [Important] Call of Duty Dedicated Server Petition CODDSP

kung foo man
23rd June 2013, 22:40

Join the Call of Duty Dedicated Server Movement!

For several years now Activision, Treyarch and Infinity Ward have not met the needs of the PC Community when it comes to dedicated servers.

Now with Black Ops 2, not only do we have no ability to control how or what we play, but we can't control where we play either. Many people in various countries suffer severly with poor connections, major lag compensation features are required, we are at the mercy of the designers with their playlists, the community clans don't have a place to call their home and competition suffers due to the lack of ability to control hosting properly - and these are just a few of the realities the PC Community faces.

The PC Community believes that offering us the ability to host our own dedicated servers, ranked and unranked is not such an impossible task, and that this can be achieved without sacrificing party, match-making and security features.

We also believe that our voices deserve to be heard and our needs met as we are paying customers and loyal followers of this gaming series.

Please support this cause by joining this group and reading and signing the petition. Please make sure to spread the word to your friends and clan members.

While chances are this Call of Duty's boat has sailed we can try to influence Treyarch to change it and at the same time, focus on influencing changes in the next version of Call of Duty by clearly stating our needs ahead of time.

Thank you.

Please find the petition linked on the right. Please read it and make sure you agree with it. By joining and remaining a member of this Steam group you are stating that you agree with it and are essentially signing it.

To link directly to this Steam group, please use the following URL: www.callofdutypetition.com (http://www.callofdutypetition.com)

To read the petition:
1. Click the 'Dedicated Server Movement Petition' link to the right OR
2. Click on Discussions > 'Call of Duty: Dedicated Server Movement Petition' OR
3. Go to this link - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CODDSP/discussions/0/846939854268309430/

Ni3ls
24th June 2013, 10:53
Done ( please remove that u need to post at least 10 chars when you reply)

IzNoGoD
24th June 2013, 16:59
mostly complete your post with this:
10char

Very widely used and accepted. (is just a space-filler though)

Tally
25th June 2013, 06:28
One of the main reasons they stop giving out the server files was "cracked" servers. So, if you support "cracked" servers, it is rather ironic that you are now crying about them stopping it happening.

Just saying.

BTW - petitions such as this are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. The developers wont change their design decisions just because a handful of disgruntled PC guys want control of the files again.

IzNoGoD
25th June 2013, 07:09
So, if you support "cracked" servers, it is rather ironic that you are now crying about them stopping it happening.

The only reason im switching to cracked is the masterserver being down. Takes 30 minutes per iteration to test my mod otherwise.
Also, with the masterserver being down, every server is cracked...

Tally
25th June 2013, 10:50
The only reason im switching to cracked is the masterserver being down. Takes 30 minutes per iteration to test my mod otherwise.
Also, with the masterserver being down, every server is cracked...

I wasn't addressing anyone in particular. Hence why I didn't quote anyone in particular (as is the convention in forum etiquette - you know who is being addressed because there is a person referenced in the quote). I am addressing anyone who wants dedicated server files, and supports cracked servers. You can't have your cookie and eat it. If anyone wants to support a system that circumvents having to buy a legitimate copy of the game, then don't be surprised if you find the developers get fed up with this and find a way to prevent it happening. Namely, for them to stop giving out the files that allow us to run any kind of server at all. In this respect, the innocent (i.e. those who run legit servers) suffer because of the guilty (i.e. those who run cracked servers).

kung foo man
25th June 2013, 13:55
One of the main reasons they stop giving out the server files was "cracked" servers. So, if you support "cracked" servers, it is rather ironic that you are now crying about them stopping it happening.

Just saying.

You claim indirectly, that we (IzNoGod, me and whoever needed a cracked server in the last days) are the reason, that the Chiefs don't allow the release of dedicated servers anymore. In fact they forced us to, because the devs are too stupid to keep the masterserver up. They are even too stupid to realize the server is down! They are not even writing it in any of their news channels. And the Support team responses are likely generated by some cheap indians.

BTW - petitions such as this are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. The developers wont change their design decisions just because a handful of disgruntled PC guys want control of the files again.

Well, some proofs are always needed, which some devs could show to their chiefs ("hey look, 3670 ppl want a dedicated server!"). If they don't offer dedicated servers, I just won't buy that game... like every CoD without dedi-servers before.

There are enough games without retarded chiefs: Minecraft, Garrys Mod (kinda every Source-Engine game)

Huh, and they don't have problems with crackers AND dedi-servers? Surprise! Surprise!

Tally
25th June 2013, 14:36
You claim indirectly, that we (IzNoGod, me and whoever needed a cracked server in the last days) are the reason, that the Chiefs don't allow the release of dedicated servers anymore. In fact they forced us to, because the devs are too stupid to keep the masterserver up. They are even too stupid to realize the server is down! They are not even writing it in any of their news channels. And the Support team responses are likely generated by some cheap indians.

Well, some proofs are always needed, which some devs could show to their chiefs ("hey look, 3670 ppl want a dedicated server!"). If they don't offer dedicated servers, I just won't buy that game... like every CoD without dedi-servers before.

There are enough games without retarded chiefs: Minecraft, Garrys Mod (kinda every Source-Engine game)

Huh, and they don't have problems with crackers AND dedi-servers? Surprise! Surprise!

Cracked servers for Call of Duty have been going on since day 1 of the franchise. With COD2, they were out almost as soon as the game was out. So, please: don't make excuses for it, and then blame it on the developers themselves. It's not the case that cracked servers have only started since the Master Server was down last week.

In life, there is a price to pay for all illegitimate behaviour. Taking the server files away from the public is the price we pay for cracking servers.