PDA

View Full Version : Zombots Mod

Loveboy
22nd June 2013, 19:03
Hey guys! Soon i have summer holidays, and in this holyday i want to make a zombots server.

I see some servers with botzombies but have somebody got a already the finished zombots mod?

If yes pls send download link, i will rechange in my style the zombots..

Thank you!

EvoloZz
22nd June 2013, 20:24
Summer holidays only soon? I am on a holiday already for almost a month :D

Loveboy
22nd June 2013, 23:17
wtf nice but my is in 2 weeks.. and i want to modding.. SO ZOMBOTS, SOMEBODY HAVE GOT ALREADY A FINISHED?

kung foo man
23rd June 2013, 00:25
You want to mod it, but want a ready mod first? ^^

Why not start your own? That would make you learn to script better

Earliboy
23rd June 2013, 02:57
Well ye...
its not okay if u want an finished zombots mod and change it to your own style, its sort of stealing/changing someone codes. I donīt like that
But ye, its your choice. :D

Loveboy
23rd June 2013, 07:58
@kung : sure i would start a new zombots mod, but look, i am not too good... If i have problems or need help then don't wonder if here are 12534 Posts per day, so thats too difficult

@ealiboy : you have not too the mod from hungarys?

RobsoN
23rd June 2013, 09:27
Making zombot takes a lot of work and a well-functioning algorithm. Not a lot of people did zombot and I think you can't get the source code. You need to make an algorithm that will not be charged to the server and also chose the shortest path (the problem comes at the height of 3D maps and locating entity).

Here is simple navigation mesh tutorial (found by iznogod): http://www.ai-blog.net/archives/000152.html
In my zombots i used A* search algorithm, I adapted it to 3d maps and it's working well :) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A*_search_algorithm)

randall
23rd June 2013, 13:43
Forget the navmesh, use waypoints for pathfindig. I think its easier to programming and maybe faster (in CoD) than navmesh. Actually i tried IzNoGod's alpha version botmod, and mine waypoint-based mod seem to be faster. It's not laggy with 24 bots and 16 players.

For pathfinding use A*, there is a script in iw_07.iwd/maps/_astar.gsc. Save in array the all paths between waypoints. If you have done with these functions, you're over the worst.

In next step you have to spawn bots, and find the optimum (shortest) path to player.

My tip:
Save resources where you know. For example use distanceSquared() instead of distance(). Function distance() includes squareroot, and it needs lot of memory.

megazor
6th July 2013, 06:46
I would avoid the use of distanceSquared() when working out the shortest path. Imagine a right (90-degree) rectangle ABC (AB being the hypotenuse), and you are to find the shortest path from A to B.
Obviously, there are only two paths from A to B in total: one is A-B and the other is A-C-B. If you use distanceSquared(), you will see that both paths are the same (as it goes from the Pythagorean theorem). But it's obvious that the first path is the shortest.