PDA

View Full Version : CoD2 Masterserver

Earliboy
19th June 2013, 13:04
Hello guys,
since the cod2 masterserver is down (since friday?) we need to think about an different way.
I just checked the activision support site and CoD2 isn't under the supported games anymore. Just some months ago u could find cod2 under supported games.

Did anyone allready contacted activision? did they replied?
What if the masterserver won't come back?

They still sell the game, well ye they could say they sell the singelplayer but not the multiplayer.
I don't think that there is an way to get an own masterserver running, also u would need to rewrite the client for that.

Any ideas what to do?

Also its damn annoying because down masterserver makes it for hackers possible to play on all servers. Guid 0 = 0 chance to ban (u would just ban ALL players)

Earliboy.

RobsoN
19th June 2013, 13:11
I was contacting with Activision Support on their facebook. A lot of ppl did it also. Just check posts there:

https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist?hc_location=stream

I hope they will really put it back online...

Earliboy
19th June 2013, 13:49
I called them and that guy told me he gonna ask arround whats going on, he will send me an mail if he knows about.

I asked on theyre facebook page (fast respond :o ):

Hi Activision,
since nobody responses on my E-Mail:
Why the hell you put the masterservers of Call of Duty 2 offline?
Its offline since friday (or earlier)!
We dind't became any notice (okay well, where should we get one?).
Its not possible to play, to play without hackers (All got GUID = 0 because the masterserver doesnt respond).

Would it be possible to get an answer over here? Does the masterserver will come back? If not, what is our way to still play NORMAL cod2 multiplayer? Ye, we could 'update' to a newer CoD but i allready play all of them and cod2 is just the most awesome (because of the modding community).

Please respond and stop ignore! We are still playing and want the masterservers back.

Theyre answer:

Hi Tim, what email did you send your question to?
The connection issue you're describing is currently being looked into, but we don't have a date at which we'll have a resolution. As soon as we have more info, we'll update accordingly, thanks! ^LM

RobsoN
19th June 2013, 14:06
They always say bullshit in this answers.

Tally
19th June 2013, 18:09
Hello guys,
since the cod2 masterserver is down (since friday?) we need to think about an different way.
I just checked the activision support site and CoD2 isn't under the supported games anymore. Just some months ago u could find cod2 under supported games.

Did anyone allready contacted activision? did they replied?
What if the masterserver won't come back?

They still sell the game, well ye they could say they sell the singelplayer but not the multiplayer.
I don't think that there is an way to get an own masterserver running, also u would need to rewrite the client for that.

Any ideas what to do?

Also its damn annoying because down masterserver makes it for hackers possible to play on all servers. Guid 0 = 0 chance to ban (u would just ban ALL players)

Earliboy.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the fact COD2 isn't on AVTI's list of supported games. COD1 and UO are also not on their "supported games" list. But the Master Servers for those 2 games is still running. A week for a Master Server to be down is unusual, but I am personally not panicking until it gets to a couple of weeks or so. After that amount of time, if the Master Server is not up, there will clearly be a need to be alarmed, at which stage we should contact AVTI. I still have a couple of personal contacts at AVTI that I can approach as and when I need to.

kung foo man
19th June 2013, 18:19
Potential solutions:

1) Somebody will analyze the servercache.dat file format and I will generate those for each version with the servers in my tracker database. People can download those and put them in their CoD2-directory and can press "Quick Refresh" then. They wont see new servers, but they could always download the newest servercache.dat-file (somebody could write an executable for that).

Everybody still has Guid 0 but would be able to play at least.

2) Somebody will analyze the masterserver-protocol and will implement it. I could host the implementation then on this website-server, domain cod2masterserver.killtube.org

The problem would be, that every server-owner would need to redirect the original masterserver-domain to my domain (possible by hosts-file or server-patch). The mass-hosting-sites maybe won't do it, but at least the admins in our modding athmosphere.

Depending on the masterserver-protocol, the clients might need to have an .exe-patch or hosts-file redirection also for playing with their original Guid. At least they will need the new masterserver in config when they want to "Refresh Servers".

(Mitch said on Xfire he will look into the masterserver-protocol.)

RobsoN
20th June 2013, 14:25
New info:

''A reminder that we are currently aware of a multiplayer outage that is affecting some older Call of Duty titles and Theater mode for MW3. Unfortunately our data center is currently being affected by the extreme weather hitting the east coast. We’re working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Current updates are being posted to our social media sites (Twitter and Facebook) and our website as we have them. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.''

serthy
20th June 2013, 14:50
Thanks Tally for your encouragement and thanks for the info Robson

Tally
20th June 2013, 16:47
New info:

''A reminder that we are currently aware of a multiplayer outage that is affecting some older Call of Duty titles and Theater mode for MW3. Unfortunately our data center is currently being affected by the extreme weather hitting the east coast. We’re working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Current updates are being posted to our social media sites (Twitter and Facebook) and our website as we have them. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.''

That's old news. Dated 30th October 2012.

RobsoN
20th June 2013, 20:08
Some guy from xfire send me an website with this post. I thought it was up to date. Well if not, I'm so sorry.

Loveboy
21st June 2013, 17:23
Call of Duty 2 will die 50% i think.
Or we must wait a long to be get fixed.

I said:

Hello Activision, since Saturday i think we can't play on Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer. I just refreshed the list and there wasn't a Server on the list.

I just waited then all said that they can't play too now on Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer.

You only can connect with console ( /connect IP ) on Servers.
We all owners of Servers have problem, all can hack on all Servers and we can't ban them (GUID = 0).

Please answer back, we want to know when the Call of Duty 2 Masterserver will come.

Thank you

Activision answered:

Hello Rashed,
Thanks for taking the time to post on our support page. We are currently looking into the down servers, and do not have any further updates at this moment. Should you see a change in status, please let us know! ^JG

Let's hope that Masterserver will be fixed!

RobsoN
21st June 2013, 17:38
Damn, it doesn't looks well. :(

Loveboy
21st June 2013, 19:54
What they must do: Fixing the problem. They will not look hours for a day, i think 2 hours per week, because they think "It's only the old Call of Duty 2, it would be important if it would be Call of Duty Black Ops 2!"

What we must do: If we see something in Masterserver changed ( masterserver was online 1 hour then again offline ) contact Activision Support!

Till Masterserver will fixed.. every server has already next update mod (or 2) :D

Tally
21st June 2013, 21:30
What they must do: Fixing the problem. They will not look hours for a day, i think 2 hours per week, because they think "It's only the old Call of Duty 2, it would be important if it would be Call of Duty Black Ops 2!"

What we must do: If we see something in Masterserver changed ( masterserver was online 1 hour then again offline ) contact Activision Support!

Till Masterserver will fixed.. every server has already next update mod (or 2) :D

This is not likely to be because something is broken. It is probably because they are migrating the Master Server to a new host. This can sometimes take a long time, especially if hardware configuration is involved.

Loveboy
21st June 2013, 21:33
To all owners of servers: close your servers and make a update for your mod! While they cant hack in your server.
I think Masterserver is full of list ( Look how much servers there are... )

Tyro
23rd June 2013, 01:47
I chatted with an activision support responsable, here is his answer: Here's the best thing that I can do for you , I will be documenting this case and right after our chat I will be sending this to the appropriate department for investigation. Rest assured that our investigating team will treat this case with high importance and attention. i will also personally send you e-mail just to make sure that you get updated

Did this yesterday so... i hope they will answer me as fast as possible!

Ni3ls
23rd June 2013, 09:50
Thats their standard answer. A friend of mine had the same reply :/

Earliboy
27th June 2013, 18:21
Update:
Radio sent me this:

Dear Mr.Köller

I am very sorry that you are having problems with Call of Duty 2.

I'm sorry to report that the servers Call Of Duty 2 won't go online again,

If you have any further questions regarding this issue, please contact us via http://support.activision.com. If you experience problems with any of our games, please use the same link to report this to us.

Sincerely,
Davy

Peterlankton
27th June 2013, 18:57
They won't go online again? So no more CoD2 masterservers or what? Great.

Tally
27th June 2013, 19:14
They won't go online again? So no more CoD2 masterservers or what? Great.

What official said that? Official link please, or it didn't happen.

Earliboy
28th June 2013, 02:03
Well he told me he called the activision support and got this mail by them.
Well what he said in the mail was "the servers won't come back online" (may he talk about 'Official infinity ward cod2 servers (there was about 20 of them at the start of cod2))
He dind't said masterservers, so thats the questions about what he´s talking about.
Lets see what happends the next weeks. I hope they come back, if not, cod2 ends for me.
I´m not going to spent time on a game, where u need to download a new client to get new masterservers (only 50-100 ppl will do, 10-20 of them will play active).

halojango78
28th June 2013, 02:04
I can join via Master Server now. A few of my buddies at MSC passed the good news on to me, so I will do the same here. Most everyone should have full access now :]

Tally
28th June 2013, 06:09
Master Servers are back up!

Told you just to be patient.

As for the Activision official who said they wont be online ever again, it truly shows the extent of their ignorance.

IzNoGoD
28th June 2013, 11:05
My guid changed from before they went down.
Just great.

YuriJurek
28th June 2013, 11:10
Yeah mine too, just like everyone's else, its really uncomfortable especially for people that run VIP's features on their servers...

Ni3ls
28th June 2013, 11:26
My Guid is still the same. Most of the GUIDS start with 70. And a lot of ppl still have guid 0.... MS screwed it up

Tally
28th June 2013, 11:37
My Guid is still the same. Most of the GUIDS start with 70. And a lot of ppl still have guid 0.... MS screwed it up

Microsoft has nothing to do with this.

Ni3ls
28th June 2013, 12:53
MS=Master Server ;) But I meant MS is screwed up

thOuMta
28th June 2013, 12:58
My guid is the same too.

RobsoN
28th June 2013, 13:18
Weird, i got new guid.

kung foo man
28th June 2013, 13:19
Just looked on server with 18 players, 3 have guid=0, rest: old guid or a different one

Peterlankton
28th June 2013, 15:32
New guid? Good for those guys who have quite a lot bans on their old one, I guess. PBBans and stuff. Will check mine, too. Have 2 keys with quite some bans.

EDIT: Nope, no new guid for me either.

Tally
28th June 2013, 15:48
New guid? Good for those guys who have quite a lot bans on their old one, I guess. PBBans and stuff. Will check mine, too. Have 2 keys with quite some bans.

EDIT: Nope, no new guid for me either.

I don't think they are talking about PB GUIDs. There are 2 GUIDs for COD2 version 3 - one is the game GUID generated from your CD key; the other is your PB GUID generated from your game GUID + a PB algorithm. But versions 1 - 2 only have a game GUID that works.

Mitch
28th June 2013, 16:06
My latest cdkey got a different guid now. It was 1747455. And it is now somewhere above 700000.

Peterlankton
28th June 2013, 16:24
I don't think they are talking about PB GUIDs. There are 2 GUIDs for COD2 version 3 - one is the game GUID generated from your CD key; the other is your PB GUID generated from your game GUID + a PB algorithm. But versions 1 - 2 only have a game GUID that works.

That might be true, but as you said, the PB guid is created with the game guid. So other game guid means different pb guid as well.

halojango78
28th June 2013, 16:34
Yea I have a new GUID too, hopefully only a few had it changed, or I need to go on a banning spree again. Oh, well, at least the server is fairly new and only a handful of ppl were banned from it.

Thanks to everyone who kept us updated through all this! And thanks to everyone who took the time to message Activision and see what was up. You guys rock :]

kung foo man
2nd July 2013, 14:33

I am actually checking that out, and it looks like this:

CD Key -> PB Guid (calculated in client)
CD Key -> Normal Guid (calculated on master server)

So the normal Guid is nowhere in the process of the PB Guid generation.

EvoloZz
7th February 2015, 21:22
So it seems that few other people including me cannot connect to any CoD2 servers anymore, it keeps counting up and just says "Waiting keycode authorization". Anyone else got this? Is this some kind of a small issue or is Activision screwing with us again?

Mitch
7th February 2015, 22:12
So it seems that few other people including me cannot connect to any CoD2 servers anymore, it keeps counting up and just says "Waiting keycode authorization". Anyone else got this? Is this some kind of a small issue or is Activision screwing with us again?

Try flushing your DNS. I noticed today that they moved their master server to a new ip address.

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/185.34.104.231

Ni3ls
9th February 2015, 12:48
The masterserver only shows a couple of servers now... End of COD2?

Mitch
9th February 2015, 13:12

I guess most servers haven't switched to the new ip address yet.
(I assume they are still trying to send their heartbeat to the old address)

maxdamage99
9th February 2015, 18:11
Server hide)) /connect ip - connect to server, if you know ip adress.

Tally
9th February 2015, 19:56
I guess most servers haven't switched to the new ip address yet.
(I assume they are still trying to send their heartbeat to the old address)

You don't have to stipulate a Master Server IP for COD2 onwards - it is built into the game. Your server will find the Master Server wherever it is.

Mitch
9th February 2015, 21:08

My server isn't listed in the 1.3 servers list either. I think it might need to be restarted to show up in it again. It might be probably that they reset the serverid count.

I guess Tally's is right. If it were a DNS cache issue, it would already be solved right now.

Edit: indeed. My serverid was above 200. It is now below 50. I also got my guid again. But my server isn't server list yet.

Ni3ls
10th February 2015, 07:07
After restart my servers are listed. Where did you read about that new IP mitch?

Mitch
10th February 2015, 07:49
After restart my servers are listed. Where did you read about that new IP mitch?

You see it when you start your server. It says resolving cod2master.activision.com to x.x.x.x.

Ni3ls
11th February 2015, 19:42
Oke what the hell is wrong with Master server? Only showing me like 30 servers... My servers dont show up anymore. And also the server that is restarted isnt showing anymore in tracker of killtube but the others are.

m4ki
11th February 2015, 22:57
Master server showing my 1 server , but the other 10 can not be seen .When they disappeared servers with master lists have disappeared and with killtube tracker same day.
I added manually. What do we do?

Ni3ls
13th February 2015, 08:53
None of my servers is shown. I really dont have a clue

Mitch
13th February 2015, 11:17
None of my servers is shown. I really dont have a clue

I am not sure if it is a problem. But if we don't test it then we don't know.
Try running one of your server with 'sv_cracked' set to 0 (in case all your servers run with it set to '1').
If one of the servers is completely original then the only conclusion is that the problem probably lies somewhere within the master server itself.

m4ki
13th February 2015, 14:00
i have dedicated server. I have two servers on the machine. One is visible, and the other is not. They have the same cod2_lnxded and server config .

Ni3ls
13th February 2015, 14:16
I am not sure if it is a problem. But if we don't test it then we don't know.
Try running one of your server with 'sv_cracked' set to 0 (in case all your servers run with it set to '1').
If one of the servers is completely original then the only conclusion is that the problem probably lies somewhere within the master server itself.

Already tried that, no result :(

Ni3ls
16th February 2015, 14:53
Still no fix :( COD2 1.0 is dying. Do these problems also occur to other versions of the game?

kung foo man
16th February 2015, 15:16
Like 20 servers delivered by Masterserver in 1.2, normally its around 60.

EvoloZz
16th February 2015, 16:32
I guess its finally the time to move to newer games

MeGaBooM
16th February 2015, 17:45
Did anybody already contact them here: https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist?fref=ts ???

IzNoGoD
16th February 2015, 19:15
I guess its finally the time to move to newer games
Im not gonna kill my server just because of some server-list malfunctioning.

Join using xfire list, killtube list, any list.

Ni3ls
16th February 2015, 23:00
Im not gonna kill my server just because of some server-list malfunctioning.

Join using xfire list, killtube list, any list.

Killtube doesnt show my server either

kung foo man
16th February 2015, 23:21
Yea, the problem is that the tracker is deleting servers after being offline for more than 5 minutes and then relying on the master server to get the IP:port again.

But you can just try to view it with this format: http://killtube.org/5.9.90.148:28960

When the server isn't in database, it will be added.

Ni3ls
17th February 2015, 07:10
Yea, the problem is that the tracker is deleting servers after being offline for more than 5 minutes and then relying on the master server to get the IP:port again.

But you can just try to view it with this format: http://killtube.org/5.9.90.148:28960

When the server isn't in database, it will be added.

IP: 46.4.55.66:28958
Server is not in the database

Tally
17th February 2015, 10:27
IP: 46.4.55.66:28958
Server is not in the database

Does it show up in the Xfire listings?

kung foo man
17th February 2015, 14:26
Just put the IP:Port after URL http://killtube.org/46.4.55.66:28958 and it's working ^^

MeGaBooM
19th February 2015, 12:50
Some days ago i contacted the Activision Support site at Facebook about the masterserver, today they wrote back the following to me: "Hey there. We're aware of this issue and are currently investigating what's going on. We apologize for the inconvenience."

serthy
19th February 2015, 20:04
The same reaction as in the last times. At least we can be sure they're aware of..

m4ki
20th February 2015, 23:35
Some days ago i contacted the Activision Support site at Facebook about the masterserver, today they wrote back the following to me: "Hey there. We're aware of this issue and are currently investigating what's going on. We apologize for the inconvenience."

And I got a similar answer the same.

Ni3ls
23rd February 2015, 11:11
Still no fix.. Any new answers?

Ni3ls
1st March 2015, 15:14
Did anyone try to contact them again?

ORDI
2nd March 2015, 11:03
yea i contacted them: "Hello, the issue is under investigation at this time, we do not have an ETA as to when services will be restored. Please try again later, thank you. ^JE"

and they answered to another guy: "An ETA as to when services will be fully restored is not known, please try again later. ^JE"

ORDI
15th March 2015, 09:55
hello
go here: https://community.activision.com/message/415638719#415638719 :D
it seems to be resolved but not for me :/

Mitch
15th March 2015, 11:18
hello
go here: https://community.activision.com/message/415638719#415638719 :D
it seems to be resolved but not for me :/

I'm also receiving no servers at all. When i ping to cod2master.activision.com it doesn't respond either.

Ni3ls
18th March 2015, 19:22
Masterserver is back!!! But still guid 0 returns. Do others have the same problem?

voron00
19th March 2015, 05:40
Masterserver is back!!! But still guid 0 returns. Do others have the same problem?

Yeeeessss! Finally, and nope, guids are fine.