PDA

View Full Version : Little gamepanel

thOuMta
24th May 2013, 17:25
Hey all, i search a little gamepanel for free for Start/Off CoD2 Servers.
I tryed all free gamepanel from internet but don't work, if 1 guys can explain me how its will be cool :)

Thx.

PS: Its on Windows 2008.

YuriJurek
25th June 2013, 21:57
Hi there, I think this one is suitable to put here so, I am also looking for an easy to use gamepanel, but with a difference that I need it for my Linux Debian x64 server, I mean for example a web based panel(Yes I do have apache2 server installed), or just a shell script to easy start the server and watch its status, just to see if it is on-line or off-line without needing to use a long start command. Thanks a lot for your effort guys.

I found This (http://forums.opensuse.org/english/other-forums/development/programming-scripting/393359-call-duty-dedicated-server-how-autostart-boot.html), but it is completely messed up and I was lost like after the second post, so if you would be kind enough to explain how to create and use such auto start-script it would be great, again thanks for reading guys.

kung foo man
26th June 2013, 01:59
@thOuMta: Sorry, I have no clue for Windows

@YuriJurek:

At first you have to install screen: apt-get install screen

Then start a screen-session: screen -AmdS cod2
Join the session: screen -r cod2
Leave the session: CTRL + a + d
Look for all sessions: screen -ls

Quit the server: CTRL + c or quit

YuriJurek
26th June 2013, 07:53
Thanks for quick reply kung foo man, I'll try it out today afternoon and let you see if it works.

RobsoN
26th June 2013, 09:43
If you're looking for gamepanel check Swiftpanel . It's pretty nice and working well.

P.S: Swiftpanel supports only Linux systems.

YuriJurek
26th June 2013, 10:16
Yeah, I've already tried that one, but you can no longer download the free version from their official website, and I wonder if you can download the paid version as well because I am lost in a loop when I go to their web-page just clicking sign-up now and it gets me to the same page as before...

But anyway thanks for advisement.

RobsoN
26th June 2013, 11:23
Try this link (http://www.gurubr.com/swift-panel-1-6-1-game-panel-t871.html). Remember to install ionCube Loader.

YuriJurek
26th June 2013, 11:29
Heh, I just found it on a different site, like 30 minutes ago, I did all the steps to install it and now I am trying to start the server via Swift-Panel, will let you know if it works, and again thanks for your effort and for finding the links.

YuriJurek
26th June 2013, 11:38
Here, this is the list of the started processes assigned to user cod2server which I use to start cod, "SCREEN -A -m -S 1-cod2server", "/bin/sh", "[cod2_lnxded] <defunct>" These were started by Swift-Panel when I run the server and the thing is that server doesn't really work when it did that.
When I start the server from the shell using cod2server account with command "./cod2_lnxded +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 198.199.89.123 +set net_port 28960 +set fs_game yuri +exec yuri.cfg >/dev/null 2>&1 &" it works fine but when I try to do it through SCREEN command it fails to start... I don't really know what to do, I have as well a TS3 Server and I use to start the TS3Bot Mod with screen command without any problems, so it maybe has something to do with my start command? Any further advisement would be appreciated.

When I removed ">/dev/null 2>&1 &" From my start command, and made it with help of cod4 template already defined in Swift-Panel, process "[cod2_lnxded] <defunct>" doesn't show up, but the server still doesn't work...

@Edit

Just a guess but I think this process start line "SCREEN -A -m -S 1-cod2server" should look like this one "SCREEN -d -m -S ts3bot java -jar JTS3ServerMod.jar"
To quick explain first "screen" then "parameters for screen command" then "name of screen process" and then the normal server start command-line ?

YuriJurek
26th June 2013, 16:39
I forgot to mention that I can't even start a cod2 server with screen from the shell, so that's maybe the reason? I don't really know what to do now...

And by the way, why can't I edit my previous post?, just like 2 hours ago I could -.-

kung foo man
26th June 2013, 17:08
apt-get install ia32-libs

You need to let us know error messages

YuriJurek
26th June 2013, 17:24
root@yuri:~# apt-get install ia32-libs
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
ia32-libs is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 9 not upgraded.
root@yuri:~#
That's the output when I did apt-get install ia32-libs, I've already installed this package because I think it was needed to start the server even without screen, so the thing is that I can start the server with this command straight from the shell:

./cod2_lnxded +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 198.199.89.123 +set net_port 28960 +set fs_game yuri +exec yuri.cfg >/dev/null 2>&1 &
But when I use this one:

screen -AmdS cod2 ./cod2_lnxded +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 198.199.89.123 +set net_port 28960 +set fs_game yuri +exec yuri.cfg
The server doesn't work.

How can I get the error message when starting the server with screen command?
When I do screen -r cod2 after I start the server it just says "There is no screen to be resumed matching cod2."

And one more thing, I tried to start the server with the first command just without the >/dev/null 2>&1 & thing while in the screen session, I mean I first did screen -AmdS cod2 and then screen -r cod2 and then I used this command, and I got this Error message if it is of any use in the further help "Segmentation fault".

kung foo man
26th June 2013, 18:21
Don't mix you screen-logic with server-logic.

Make a file called server.sh and write in it:

./cod2_lnxded +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 198.199.89.123 +set net_port 28960 +set fs_game yuri +exec yuri.cfg

chmod +x server.sh

And then just: screen -AmdS cod2 server.sh

YuriJurek
26th June 2013, 18:42
Sorry for keeping your head busy with my problems, but it looks like the problem still persist I did exactly what you told me to do and when I do "screen -AmdS cod2 start.sh" (I just called it start) I still don't get anything, it seems like there must be some kind of error when screens tries to execute my start command, but I don't get any error on my screen so idk, would you mind giving me some advisement?

@EDIT

Oh my gosh, it looks like if there's something wrong with my server itself, when I tried to start it just a few seconds ago it again throws me a "Segmentation fault", Now I am going to see how to fix this one...

I found This (http://www.opferlamm-clan.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=7340#post76965) again but I don't understand a lot, would you mind explaining this solution?

I also found out this
yuri kernel: [175044.013725] cod2_lnxded[4579]: segfault at 4 ip 00000000f7760a72 sp 00000000ff9fbcf0 error 4 in ld-2.13.so[f7756000+1c000]
in the /var/log/syslog

YuriJurek
26th June 2013, 21:07
I dunno why is this happening, I could start the server without any problems some time ago, but now I can't start it, any more help on this topic? Thanks in advance.

kung foo man
26th June 2013, 23:05
Did you updated libraries like libc?

Maybe just reinstall everything, so you know next time up to which point everything worked.

YuriJurek
26th June 2013, 23:35
Finally I got it, it was the binary cod2_lnxded that caused all the trouble, now it works fine as well as the Swift-Panel so Big Thanks for all the help!