PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Model

Ni3ls
13th May 2013, 18:40
I try to import the Joker in COD2. I followed serthies tut, but my model is twisted.
http://i.imgur.com/pb1ClJI.jpg
What did I do wrong? And is it a problem that my model is 1 piece and doesnt have seperated parts?

Tally
13th May 2013, 19:57
Why don't you go and ask them at modsonline? I'm sure they know what they are talking about. Be sure to ask Stryder. He knows so much about COD modding. Failing that, ask his boyfriend Welshy - the one with the really bad hair cut. Another Einstein when it comes to modding COD.

kung foo man
13th May 2013, 20:22
That looks like unweighted/overweighted vertices. Did you fit the weight-map in Maya? You can test that easily by just moving the bones around :)

serthy
13th May 2013, 22:19
well, your almost done
u imported SOMETHING that MIGHT be a playermodel.. the major job is done
just trail'n'error with the skind binding
look at josh_defmesh how the dev's done it and try it
go from the outside of your bone structure to the inside:
after smooth bind start on the fingers, weight-paint them in the correct way and lock the weight
go on with the wrist until u end on the spines/j_mainroot

Ni3ls
14th May 2013, 09:01
Why don't you go and ask them at modsonline? I'm sure they know what they are talking about. Be sure to ask Stryder. He knows so much about COD modding. Failing that, ask his boyfriend Welshy - the one with the really bad hair cut. Another Einstein when it comes to modding COD.
Tally this reaction isnt needed. I'm free to do what I want. You're not my boss. This is offtopic and has nothing to do with my question. Keep ontopic

@Serthy. Thank you, I will keep practising:)

Tally
14th May 2013, 10:18
Tally this reaction isnt needed. I'm free to do what I want. You're not my boss. This is offtopic and has nothing to do with my question. Keep ontopic

@Serthy. Thank you, I will keep practising:)

Please do not back-seat moderate. You are not staff, and until you are, please refrain from acting like one. Also, do not attempt to drift into ad Hominem attacks on me and start to get personal. You will be sanctioned for it.

BTW - I never said I was your boss. Never even hinted that I was. I gave you a suggestion. You are free to do with it whatever you will, as long as that doesn't break the rules of the forum. I actually know what your problem is, and as I knew would happen, the day has come when you need my help, but wont get it because you choose to be selfish and not stand shoulder to shoulder with your fellow modders. This is the price you pay for being self-seeking - you wont get help from me. If you don't like that, tough! Nothing you can do about it.

Ni3ls
14th May 2013, 10:46
you choose to be selfish and not stand shoulder to shoulder with your fellow modders. This is the price you pay for being self-seeking - you wont get help from me.
I know what was going on on Modsonline. But there are people who need some help. like people here. They had nothing to do with that little war. So why can't I try to help them? If you know the answer to my question, help me please

kung foo man
14th May 2013, 14:16
Basically you have already the answer, if it's not just the paint-weighting. You could upload the .mb-File, so we can check also what you did already.

If you dont want to upload the Maya-Binary, just move the bones, so you can see how the vertices behave.

Edit: lol, just saw thats the typical SP-skeleton-bug.

Ni3ls
15th May 2013, 09:44
How to undo parts with the paint-weighting? Because some areas are white that shouldnt be white

kung foo man
15th May 2013, 11:19
- Select the Mesh
- In the Drop-down box choose "Animation"
- Skin -> Edit Smooth Skin -> Paint Skin Weights Tool -> Maximize Logo
- Now click "Replace" and set the Value to 0

Ni3ls
18th May 2013, 14:55
I made another model. And i have the same error there:( I followed both tutorials perfectly.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ensdvo
Is there a way to test if your model is twisted? Or is the only way ingame?

kung foo man
18th May 2013, 16:48
Are you using the MP-skeleton instead of the SP-one?

Ni3ls
18th May 2013, 17:16
OMG.... In that other tutorial, he did his xmodel setting on "Animated". But it must be Multiplayer Body. Everything works now

kung foo man
18th May 2013, 17:19
Me? I dont think I did anything

But nice that it works now :D

Ni3ls
19th May 2013, 12:58
No serthy told about another tutorial. MC bla bla and in Asset manager he said it on Animated;)

serthy
19th May 2013, 16:08
No serthy told about another tutorial. MC bla bla and in Asset manager he said it on Animated;)

yes, thats true
SP-character models need to be set 'Animated'
MP-character models need to be set 'Multiplayer Body'

btw: is there a way to decompile cod2-xmodels WITH their bones + weights/binds? (maybe TomBMX's xmodel utils support this?)