PDA

View Full Version : [CoD4] Connect in Developer Mode

kung foo man
14th March 2013, 02:27
Hey all,

does somebody know a trick how to connect to a CoD4-Server in Developer Mode? I see no sense in that random limitation... :confused:

Regards,
kung

Tally
14th March 2013, 02:35
Hey all,

does somebody know a trick how to connect to a CoD4-Server in Developer Mode? I see no sense in that random limitation... :confused:

Regards,
kung

I don't understand the question. You want to know how to run a server in developer mode? Or, you are having problems connecting to a server in developer mode? If the last, I have never had a problem connecting to a server in developer mode, and it certainly isn't a limitation of the game itself. Please list how you have run it, such as the command line, etc.

kung foo man
14th March 2013, 03:03
Hey Tally, I meant the last.

These are the warnings CoD4 prints:

SV_DirectConnect()
Client 0 connecting with 50 challenge ping from 178.142.34.229:-1816
Error: Clients can't connect if the server is in developer mode
Game rejected a connection: GAME_INVALIDSERVER.

Command line is:

/root/helper/game_cod4/cod4_1_7 +set fs_homepath "/home/k_cod4_a" +set fs_basepath "/home/k_cod4_a" +set fs_game mods/test +set net_port 45000 +set sv_maxclients 16 +exec rcon.cfg +set developer 1 +exec test.cfg +map_rotate

Tally
14th March 2013, 04:38
Well, I just learnt something new - no: you can't run a dedicated server in developer mode. Not even with devmap. Looks like developer mode only works with a local/listen server.

kung foo man
14th March 2013, 05:57
no: you can't run a dedicated server in developer mode.

A bit tired? :D

Starting/running the server in developer mode works fine, I just cant connect. I always need to execute "developer 0" first.

Tally
14th March 2013, 09:45
A bit tired? :D

Starting/running the server in developer mode works fine, I just cant connect. I always need to execute "developer 0" first.

Well, that's what I meant. No point running a developer server if you can't connect to it. How would you test anything if you can't connect to it?

IzNoGoD
14th March 2013, 17:24
Cant set dev to 0, connect, then set dev to 1 and map_restart the serv? Would basically do the same...

kung foo man
14th March 2013, 18:45
No point running a developer server if you can't connect to it. How would you test anything if you can't connect to it?

Yea, random limitation :(

I cant catch runtime-errors triggered by players this way.

Cant set dev to 0, connect, then set dev to 1 and map_restart the serv? Would basically do the same...

Nice tip, setting "developer 1" while connected works, map_restart not. I dont know atm if the server needs "map_restart" to catch more errors, but I guess so.