PDA

View Full Version : problems with maps

shadix
5th March 2013, 19:29
On the server i had a mappack and all the maps worked fine, but then i added more maps but they were outside of the mappack. I tried to connect to all of those maps, but it got stuck on the loading screen and just kept changing server name color from grey to black as it does that before it goes to the server, but it was just stuck and didint go to the server. I removed the mappack which i had uploaded, and after that the maps worked. Now i uploaded the mappack to another server and this server just has mappacks and all of the maps on the mappack works fine, but now it gives this same bug on old maps which were on the server before this new mappack.

So how can this be fixed?

IzNoGoD
5th March 2013, 20:46
Any clues in serverconsole?

Probably too many files in your server. Infostring or smthing might be overloaded.

Or, another possibility, an iwd sum/name mismatch is happening...

Tally
5th March 2013, 20:55
On the server i had a mappack and all the maps worked fine, but then i added more maps but they were outside of the mappack. I tried to connect to all of those maps, but it got stuck on the loading screen and just kept changing server name color from grey to black as it does that before it goes to the server, but it was just stuck and didint go to the server. I removed the mappack which i had uploaded, and after that the maps worked. Now i uploaded the mappack to another server and this server just has mappacks and all of the maps on the mappack works fine, but now it gives this same bug on old maps which were on the server before this new mappack.

So how can this be fixed?

This is a classic symptom of being right on the very edge of going over the IWD infostring limit. Basically, you haven't hit the limit because if you had hit it, you would crash the server completely. But, you are so on the verge of it, and the server sits in limbo.

To fix it, combine 1 or more of your IWD maps into one map pack. If you have map packs already, combine 2 or more into 1.

shadix
5th March 2013, 21:49
its fixed, ty

kung foo man
27th March 2013, 02:02
I had to add more mappacks now and runned of course into the same problem again, so I needed a solution.

Make the infostring smaller by:
1) rename all iw_*.iwd-Files to 00.iwd 01.iwd 02.iwd etc.

Load only needed .iwd's by:
2) *COPY* the files in soundaliases-folder from every mappack to fs_game/soundaliases

Without (2), impure client/ iwd sum mismatch