PDA

View Full Version : EvenBalance Has Dropped Punkbuster Support for COD1 and COD2

Tally
3rd March 2013, 03:42
Evenbalance is no longer contracted to support COD1, COD:UO, and COD2. None of these games appears in the list of officially supported PunkBuster games here:

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php

However, this does not mean that the PB Master server is being dropped just yet. But, it is only a matter of time until it will be taken down. When that happens, it will be open field day for the hackers.

Original source for this news is taken from this thread:

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/pb-drops-cod-and-cod2-support-t168803.html

kung foo man
3rd March 2013, 05:26
Thanks for the info!

The serveradmins should already install B3 and choose Admins to keep the servers clean.

Jeplaa
3rd March 2013, 06:06
Yep, thanks for info, didn't know about that.

P.S. Agree with you kung. More admins/mods = better server protection.

Earliboy
3rd March 2013, 11:13
Well, i never used Punkbuster that much, i tested it out a long time and there are just enough hacks that doesnt gets detected by Punkbuster.
Well ye, PBScreen was a nice thing, but thats the question: Will functions like pbss still work, if not, is there a different way (i donīt think).

kung foo man
3rd March 2013, 18:00
Yep, I'm thinking the same, activating PB just resulted in player loss for me.

Tally
3rd March 2013, 19:19
Well, i never used Punkbuster that much, i tested it out a long time and there are just enough hacks that doesnt gets detected by Punkbuster.
Well ye, PBScreen was a nice thing, but thats the question: Will functions like pbss still work, if not, is there a different way (i donīt think).

PBScreen uses the PB Master Server. As long as the Master server is running, PBScreen can be used. When the Master server is gone, so will PBScreen.

Earliboy
4th March 2013, 09:22
Well, PB wasnt that much usefull for me, many players dind't updated theyre PB and dind't know how to do so I just lost players with it. PB failed at Cod2 totaly in my eyes, but ye, its an old game.

The only way to detect an hacker was PBSS, but most hacks also disable themself when PB makes an screenshot so it still was not detect able.

Mitch
5th May 2013, 10:08
I just noticed they removed cod2 and cod1 from their pbsetup for installing and updating pb. You can fix this by adding it again in pbgame.htm.

IzNoGoD
5th May 2013, 12:16
PB has dropped the support for cod1/cod2 exactly 4 weeks after i emailed them about an exploit in it to get client's cd-keys (proof-of-concept provided to them).

They never emailed me back. Ever.

Same exploit probably applies to cod4, so be careful if you play cod4 on PB enabled servers.

Mitch
5th May 2013, 13:43
PB has dropped the support for cod1/cod2 exactly 4 weeks after i emailed them about an exploit in it to get client's cd-keys (proof-of-concept provided to them).

They never emailed me back. Ever.

Same exploit probably applies to cod4, so be careful if you play cod4 on PB enabled servers.

Hopefully they will do something about it.

Earliboy
5th May 2013, 14:12
Hopefully they will do something about it.

Why should they? Its an old game, no need for them to update stuff.
Activision also never updated some huge bugs or exploits.

For Cod2: I would wish they bring out some source codes (not complete game) so you easy can change some hard coded stuff, also to fix some huge bugs that u can't fix because its hard coded.

About PB:
Pb just failed complete in my eyes, it was never that usefull! There are more usefull anti cheat tools that could easy be implemented to cod2, also with an auto update function.

kung foo man
5th May 2013, 18:08
It's all about the money, money, money... they laugh about us, because the old players will need to buy newer games. They won't pay a Cent to the old developers to realease anything.

randall
16th May 2013, 14:40
Is there any option to substitute the pb? UAV and Others maybe a solution by clan wars, but on public servers?