PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

EvoloZz
21st February 2013, 10:06
Hey all, i have a weird problem. If a teammate bashes me I lose my weapon, that doesn't happen every time, but sometimes it does, i don't know if any scripts needed to post, so if you need any to help me. i will post.
Also other question, what is PC_PATCH_1.1_DOWNLOADDISCONNECT? I get that a lot on my server when new players are trying to connect and download the mod. How to get rid of that?

Jeplaa
21st February 2013, 11:02
PC_PATCH_1.1_DOWNLOADDISCONNECT

I guess that you have a "Fast-Download"
In your server.cfg you've got this:

set sv_wwwDlDisconnected "1"
(it disconnecting clients don't know why...)

change it to:

set sv_wwwDlDisconnected "0"

The second question, when it happens, when bash mode is enabled, it hiding a weapon or throwing it on the ground ?

EvoloZz
21st February 2013, 11:10
Bashmode just removes all ammo from everyone, and it can happen anytime i think

Jeplaa
21st February 2013, 11:13
Ok but when you lose your weapon, only when your teammate bash you ?

EvoloZz
21st February 2013, 11:14
Yep only when a teammate bashes, also sometimes when teammate bashes the camera view goes in the middle

kung foo man
21st February 2013, 11:53
Hey,

I was missing the language files, because i thought they are not needed. I've downloaded them now (thanks IzNoGod :D) and now you just need to reconfigure the server and it will show the english download-disconnect message :)

Are you using a public mod? I guess its mod-specific issue (need link to check the .gsc's).

Tally
21st February 2013, 12:23

I guess that you have a "Fast-Download"
In your server.cfg you've got this:

set sv_wwwDlDisconnected "1"
(it disconnecting clients don't know why...)

change it to:

set sv_wwwDlDisconnected "0"

The second question, when it happens, when bash mode is enabled, it hiding a weapon or throwing it on the ground ?

The sv_wwwDlDisconnected is a dvar left over from COD:United Offensive. Which was the first COD game to get HTTP redirection put in. It was a dvar intended to stop servers lagging while the client downloaded mods and maps. The game puts them into a side-bar cache, where they don't loose their player slot (so that another player takes it, and the returning client finds that the server is then full), but also technically aren't actually on the server.

The dvar was invented at a time when server specifications weren't that great, and broadband connection speeds were even worse. As server specifications improved, and as broadband speeds improved, the dvar became rather redundant.

Jeplaa
21st February 2013, 13:05
Ok thanks for the clarification Tally, now everything is clear.

EvoloZz
21st February 2013, 13:34
Not public, my own mod of course.

EvoloZz
21st February 2013, 15:52
Also the weapon drops if a teammate shoots at me...

IzNoGoD
21st February 2013, 16:02
how about you either post your mod or you trace it yourself?

EvoloZz
21st February 2013, 16:53
I said in the first post that i can post the scripts here, so you could have just asked normally, but no... -_-

And nvm I found how to fix it...

kung foo man
21st February 2013, 17:16
What was the bug? ^^

Dont take it so personally, he isnt that good in expressing lovely :>