PDA

View Full Version : .dds to .iwi conveter

Loveboy
3rd February 2013, 13:05
Hi Guys, i have look in google for .dds to .iwi conveters, i have found some, but they didn't work. You have maybe a .dds to .iwi conveter which is workig 100%?

EvoloZz
3rd February 2013, 13:15
http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/DDSIWI_Converter;86609

Tally
3rd February 2013, 14:20
http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/DDSIWI_Converter;86609

Interesting download. Someone has made an interface for 2 separate programs he didn't make, and gives no credit to the original creators of the 2 programs which it interfaces - one of which was me (iwi2dds.exe -circa 2005/2006). The other was [GER]Iceman (dds2iwi.exe).

randall
3rd February 2013, 15:49
Asset manager includes dds2iwi converter. Do not use the simple dds2iwi.exe, it dont create material file, so its useless.

Tally
3rd February 2013, 20:28
Asset manager includes dds2iwi converter. Do not use the simple dds2iwi.exe, it dont create material file, so its useless.

It's useful for creating an IWI file when all you want to edit is the IWI file itself and leave the materials file alone: convert to DDS; edit it to how you want to; drop the edited DDS file on the dds2iwi.exe, and out pops an IWI that wont need Asset Manager open and run. It is much quicker than opening Asset Manager, opening your source .gdt file, finding the entry you made in the list, then running the compiler to get the IWI out the other end.

Killer.Pro
12th February 2013, 16:09
Guys,I got an error using this program.
It says that it failed converting iwi to dds.
It happened to me before but it worked again no problem, but I still don't know what the problem was..
Anyone knows?
"iwi to dds FAILED"
IWI file, I took it directly from the iw_09.iwd file(was trying to edit some loadscreens)..

kung foo man
12th February 2013, 18:55
Does every loadscreen fails? If not, which one didn't worked?

Do you run the program with Administrator-rights (thats a common problem for every shit since Win7)?

Killer.Pro
13th February 2013, 05:35
Well idk what hapenned loadscreens are working again but there is another one file i tested ,it's still not working..
right under the loadscreens there is file "logo_cod2.iwi"
It's giving the same error.....
and yes i'm running it as administrator

Tally
13th February 2013, 09:22
Guys,I got an error using this program.
It says that it failed converting iwi to dds.
It happened to me before but it worked again no problem, but I still don't know what the problem was..
Anyone knows?
"iwi to dds FAILED"
IWI file, I took it directly from the iw_09.iwd file(was trying to edit some loadscreens)..

Some of the IWIs in the stock game can't be converted with the stand-alone iwi2dds converter. When I originally made it (I made it in 2005 - just after the game came out) I hadn't discovered all of the header hex values for the different types of shaders, so the converter will bulk on some of them.

Better to use the converter from DiegoLogic:

http://www.diegologic.net/diegologic/CoD_Tools/IWI%20X%20DDS.htm

Regolith - the creator - has got nearly all of the hex values nailed down, and it will convert most - if not all - of the shaders in COD games.

kung foo man
28th July 2014, 04:32
Interesting download. Someone has made an interface for 2 separate programs he didn't make, and gives no credit to the original creators of the 2 programs which it interfaces - one of which was me (iwi2dds.exe -circa 2005/2006). The other was [GER]Iceman (dds2iwi.exe).

Hey Tally, would it be possible for you to release the source with MIT license? I'm writing a Unity3D asset importer for CoD2 and it would really come in handy!

ATM the importer can handle the .iwd's and importing the d3dbsp-meshes with correct UV's, but thats quite ugly without textures of course. :D

(gonna release this later on GitHub also with MIT license)

serthy
29th July 2014, 02:37
Hey kung, i think i released the iwi file structure in another thread here somewhere
basically it is a dxt compressed image where the header only tels the size and the compression format, not so hard to write it on your own ;)

serthy
29th July 2014, 10:05
[CoD] File Formats (http://killtube.org/showthread.php?1758-CoD-File-Formats&p=8626&viewfull=1#post8626)