PDA

View Full Version : Delete things.

Loveboy
27th January 2013, 17:56
Hi i have a mod from Tally. And in this mod is a Carepackage. I need it, but just the things of Carepackage.
I have try to delete things... but i will get 100000 errors. I am not good modder. Maybe if you have time you can from this mod -> http://filemob.com/JW
delete all things which i needn't for Carepackage and Upload on Internet.

I know this is hard work, but IF you have time please delete the things which i needn't for Carepackage and Upload in Internet.

!!!THANK!!!YOU!!!

Earliboy
27th January 2013, 18:35
Well if Tally agree, i gonna get that function out of the mod.

Loveboy
27th January 2013, 18:39
Kannst auch auf Deutsch sagen :)

IzNoGoD
27th January 2013, 18:49
This forum is targetting english audience mainly, so i suggest you guys keep the conversation in english too. You can however include the german version of your comment, to make it easier to communicate with one another, but an english version of your comment will remain mandatory.

On topic:
What have you already tried? Just removing random stuff has 99/100 times not resulted in the foreseen result as you get no clue as of what you are doing. I would suggest starting with debugging of which part of the script actually does the carepackage stuff, then tracing which precaches are needed and then looking at the required functions for the carepackage to actually work (like, airstrike scripts).

Ofcourse, if you are able to mod properly, it will be faster to write most of this yourself instead of ripping out the scripts of another mod which might be dependent on other parts of the mod (example: the nadethrowback in my cod4mod relies on a rewritten version of the cod2 ammopickup script which in turn relies on a button-monitor etc. etc. etc.)

tl;dr: keep it english, try some stuff yourself, debug and trace.

Loveboy
27th January 2013, 19:10
Sorry IzNoGoD, i have understand nothing. Just if somebody have time and want help me to delete all things which not is important for Carepackage. I get 100000 errors. If i say every time the error it will be spam.

Tally
27th January 2013, 19:13
Well if Tally agree, i gonna get that function out of the mod.

I don't have a problem with that. My releasing the mod to the public pretty much puts it out there in the public domain. I just ask that people credit me for the code they use.

Loveboy
27th January 2013, 19:14
Tally you have Xfire?