PDA

View Full Version : Material problem

randall
7th January 2013, 16:55
Hi everyone,
I have this problem:

Cactuses are transparent and i dunno why. Currently I use these setting:

So have anyone any solution, how can i fix it?

(sorry for the big pics, i didnt find option for resize)

Tally
7th January 2013, 17:33
If I follow the problem correctly, you are saying the cactus are transparent? Then, in frambuffer operatrions, set the belndFunc to "replace". If you use "blend" it will activate alpha channels.

BTW - In the picture, the cactus are NOT transparent. Far from it. When I first saw the picture, I thought you were going to say that the skin wasn't working right, and that it was just one "block". That would be a UV map problem for the model, and you would need to remake your UV map.

randall
7th January 2013, 17:51
ftw, i havent got uv map because its not a model :D I used only simple terrain patches. And the "replace" dont good for me, because of the cactus spikes. So the problem again: i can see through the textures and i dont know what settings should i use to fix it.

Tally
7th January 2013, 18:23
ftw, i havent got uv map because its not a model :D I used only simple terrain patches. And the "replace" dont good for me, because of the cactus spikes. So the problem again: i can see through the textures and i dont know what settings should i use to fix it.

As I said, you can see through it because you are using "blend", with a decal setting. This makes the texture transparent.

randall
7th January 2013, 19:11
Then how do i do it right?

php
7th January 2013, 19:30
Did you save the .dds with alpha channels?

randall
7th January 2013, 19:33
Of course, but you can see the edges of the cactus.

php
7th January 2013, 19:43
Of course, but you can see the edges of the cactus.

Then there's your problem.

(I think you made the whole image with alpha channels instead of a small area [which you wanted].)

kung foo man
7th January 2013, 19:46
Xfire-log:

[20:43] kung foo man: he needs alpha because the spikes
[20:44] php: if he needs alpha
[20:44] php: then he doesn't need to apply to everything
[20:44] php: but only some parts
[20:44] php: i think he just made
[20:44] php: the whole image with alpha channels