PDA

View Full Version : .iwi to .dds converter?

EvoloZz
30th December 2012, 13:24
Hey. I have made some skins for cod2 with some dds2iwi converter, but the output was awful when i tried it. I use Photoshop CS5. In photoshop the skin looked normal, just like i wanted. But in the cod2 it was not transparent, it had black background. Is there any other way to convert .iwi to .dds and then back without any problems?

Peterlankton
30th December 2012, 13:50
dds2iwi converter is the most awful choice to make.
Though you could try to export the dds with dtx3(you have lots of options to choose from: no-alpha, dxt1, dxt3, dxt5, whatsoever), dxt3 is what you need. You better use the DDS Plugin for Photoshop which is by NVidia if you don't already do.
Then try to convert it with dds2iwi again.
If that doesn't work out use the Assett Manager of CoD2 to get your dds converted into iwi.

Loveboy
31st December 2012, 12:27
Here a convertor for you http://www.sendspace.com/file/zy90fo

EvoloZz
31st December 2012, 12:48
That is exactly the converter i was talking about.

Tally
3rd January 2013, 11:48
Hey. I have made some skins for cod2 with some dds2iwi converter, but the output was awful when i tried it. I use Photoshop CS5. In photoshop the skin looked normal, just like i wanted. But in the cod2 it was not transparent, it had black background. Is there any other way to convert .iwi to .dds and then back without any problems?

You cannot have transparent parts (i.e. an alpha channel) in a skin. A "skin" is a texture for a UV wrap. And UV wraps do not have transparent (alpha channel) parts in COD2.

Also, whatever method you use to make an IWI file, the IWI file itself does not control how the image will be shown in the game. That is done by materials files. If you have an image that has an alpha channel, but you don't have the Frambuffer function set to "blend", the alpha channel will be ignored.

randall
7th January 2013, 16:45
You can only use Asset Manager, other converter programs dont make material files.