PDA

View Full Version : Exchange weapons

Loveboy
28th December 2012, 14:18
Hello Guys!
I need a V menu with exchange weapons!
Its how like.. You Press V 9 1 and you must aim on a player to exchange the weapons.
The guy, who was aimed, he must press K to accept exchangeweapons.
The Guy press K and the weapons will exchange :>
I hope you will help me :)

Jeplaa
28th December 2012, 15:14
@Loveboy help of course but I think no one will give you full code...

Tip: Try to use IsLookingAt() function. (or geteye() function. I don't know which is better in this case so I ask someone with experience btw :))

Here is a great collection of useful functions/scripts - http://www.zeroy.com/script/

Loveboy
28th December 2012, 15:36
where is IsLookingAt() or geteye() function?

Jeplaa
28th December 2012, 16:06
I will show you based on this code:

if(self.name == Loveboy) //<- for example if player got name "Loveboy" then continue
{
players = getentarray("player", "classname");
aimedplayer = undefined; //undefined yet
for(i = 0; i < players.size; i++)
{
if(self islookingat (players) ) //here is used [I]IsLookingAt function... so if player is looking at the target(on other player) then continue also...
{
aimedplayer = players[i];
players[i] iprintlnBold("something!") //this text is visible only for aimed player...
}
}
}

I hope you understand now, if you have questions write.

Loveboy
28th December 2012, 16:29
Ok, players[i] iprintlnBold("Press K to exchange weapons...") now if the player press k, he will accept and the weapons will exchange.

Loveboy
28th December 2012, 16:30
so now we need the continue the script..

kung foo man
28th December 2012, 21:06
Now you can add a loop on aimedPlayer, which is checking useButtonPressed() for like 5 seconds.

Loveboy
28th December 2012, 21:31
kung, sorry i am not good in english and i am bad in script. pls explain me not just write a script pls :D

Peterlankton
29th December 2012, 08:53
Hope I'm able to explain what Kungy means in a newbie way.
You need to add a loop: while() or for(;;)
a loop is something that does the same thing over and over again
example:
seconds = 0;
while(seconds < 5)
{
wait 1;
seconds += 1;
}
This loop counts the seconds and after 5 seconds the loop stops.
In such a loop you can check, whether the aimedplayer pressed the useButton(that standardly is the 'F' Button)
if(aimedPlayer useButtonPressed()) //if aimedPlayer pressed the useButton(F-Button) the function exchangeWeapons is called.
player exchangeWeapons(aimedPlayer);
you could write a thread exchangeWeapons(player){} where 'self' and 'player' exchange the weapons in.

This is just an example and I'm pretty sure this won't work the way you want it to work. I just wanted to explain the loop and stuff to you, at least as best as I can.
Hope this could help you a little, even though I'm not that good at explaining, I'm aware of that.

Loveboy
29th December 2012, 12:31
so could work this?

{
if(self islookingat (players[i]) ) //here is used IsLookingAt function... so if player is looking at the target(on other player) then continue also...
{
players[i] iprintlnBold("Press F to exchange weapons with "players.name" ") //this text is visible only for aimed player...
if(aimedPlayer useButtonPressed()) //if aimedPlayer pressed the useButton(F-Button) the function exchangeWeapons is called.
{
player exchangeWeapons(aimedPlayer);
aimedPlayer exchangeWeapons(player);
}
}

Peterlankton
30th December 2012, 10:22
That's at least a start.
The problem in this case would be that the player, who is being asked to exchange weapons, had only like a millisecond of time to press the F-Button, since you only check once if he pressed the button. That's where while() is used.

selfweapon = self getCurrentWeapon();
otherweapon = undefined;
{
if(self islookingat (players[i]) ) //here is used IsLookingAt function... so if player is looking at the target(on other player) then continue also...
{
otherweapon = aimedplayer getCurrentweapon();
aimedplayer iprintlnBold("Press F to exchange weapons with " + players.name); //this text is visible only for aimed player...
}
}

secs = 0.0;
while(secs < 5)
{
if(aimedplayer useButtonPressed())
{
self thread exchangeWeapons(aimedPlayer, selfweapon, otherweapon);
return;
}
wait .05;
secs += 0.05;
}

self iprintlnBold(aimedplayer.name + " did not want to exchange weapons with you"); //A note for the player

Then you will need the exchangeWeapons() function.

//aimedPlayer = Player who was aimed, selfweapon = weapon of the guy who asked for weaponexchange, otherweapon = weapon of the other guy
exchangeWeapons(aimedPlayer, selfweapon, otherweapon)
{
//give 'selfweapon' to 'aimedPlayer
//give 'otherweapon' to 'self'
}