PDA

View Full Version : Jumpmod

IzNoGoD
19th December 2012, 14:01
Hey guys,
During the upcoming holidays I will, besides spending time with family, write a jumpmod for Jumpersheaven.com.

As this jumpmod will probably copy a lot of features from j4l, which will probably be running on K~ servers, I'd like to use this thread to give progressupdates and handle any feature-requests you might have.

Currently working on:

- Save/load functionality [DONE]
- Infinite loads [DONE] (max 1000 saves are kept to prevent the server from crashing)

- Forcing FPS
- Records framework
- Records saving to file
- Checkpoints

- XP based extra functionality (nothing that will give you ANY advantage over normal jumpers, just fancy models etc)
- Different kinds of races between players (timerace, save/load race etc)
- Probably some B3-compatible input from admins/moderators

I'll try to keep updating this thread as much as possible (if there is anything to report, that is). So you can either sit back, relax and enjoy the show or participate by adding me on xfire, alpha/beta-testing and requesting additional features.

serthy
19th December 2012, 18:17
- since you're able to handle the velocity, i am looking forward to see some funny bouncepads? (static and also some individual placeable ones)
- maybe some 'jump-aim-and-hit-in-the-air-targets' that open some doors or activate other things, to add some more interactive fun to the jumpmod

i have this game in my mind: Montezuma's Return (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmGdoqsOY2E)
i played it when i was younger, probably my alltime faved game, maybe there are some mappers around, who are inspired by this

kung foo man
19th December 2012, 19:51
Since he cant map, he will only work on the mod :D

IzNoGoD
23rd December 2012, 14:33
Checkpoints have been implemented. Work great :)
Also implemented some hackery velocity reset when loading.

kung foo man
23rd December 2012, 14:59
Also implemented some hackery velocity reset when loading.

Some jumps rely on the old velocity, so maps cant be finished anymore. ^^

IzNoGoD
23rd December 2012, 15:12
True, but only for jm_contrast.

kung foo man
23rd December 2012, 15:39
There is at least one other map, but i cant remember the name. Kinda intrusive/unsecure change.

IzNoGoD
24th December 2012, 19:06
Just implemented anti-cutting logic

Records saving has been rewritten

made a framework for fps-forcing

Added checkpoints for over 100 maps. (thx masterthomy)

It now also shows difference in time between you and the recordholder at all checkpoints.

IzNoGoD
3rd January 2013, 21:30
More stuff

Record saving has been rewritten and then rewritten again

Everything gets saved atm

You can soon battle against each record on the server, getting progress reports for each checkpoint you pass.

Teaservid:
http://www.xfire.com/video/5d559d/

IzNoGoD
10th January 2013, 19:49
Another updated

Server now has direct contact with a mysql db (thanks kung)

Supports multi-way endings (multiple paths to multiple ends, not used yet)